Isaac or Glass, why the heck is this Xtant so cheap?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3496
I'm still leary about Xtant amps. I know you guys have told me they are great, but seriously, why are people selling them so cheap? www.ebay.com item number - 5803731073

I was almost set on buying a PPI Art A200, untill I saw how cheap this thing was.. What do you think I should do? This or the PPI Art?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 884
wow...thats a great price.

Joe, if you dont jump on that amp...i just might. I finnaly sold my brahma 10" so i have a lil extra cash. I was thinking about gettin an amp to replace my kicker ix402(only gave $35 for it) that i have driving my mids. (but i have to buy so new wakeboard bindings first...i broke the ones on my obien saturday :-( )

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3498
Yeah, you should look at other Xtants too Marshall. I'm really thinking about getting that thing. I'd like a PPI Art series, but that Xtant is so cheap.

Didn't Xtant get bought out by MTX? Could this Xtant amp be a new one made by MTX?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 885
oh...joe, you just think that price blows you away.

look at this one. 5803715126

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3499
Yeah, I've been watching that one as well. I only need a two channel, although a couple extra would be nice. I have like 8 different Xtant amps in my watch list on ebay, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4051
Those Xtants were not made by MTX. They're the original ones. 400w + went for $80. What a steal.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3500
Thanks Isaac, that's all I needed. Sorry marshall, I just bought it. I can't let that price go.

I think I'm gonna start slowly collecting Xtant and PPI amps. They should be worth some moolah someday...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4053
I have my collection of G4s,PPIs, and Xtant.
Did you know that Xtant amps do not require special cable to operate in balance mode? The 4 channel amp I have, uses the regular rca cable. It gets rid of ground loop.
If someone bought all of the Xtants amps now, they will surely get more value in the future, cause most of the companies are going the cheap way.
All I could say is, those guys must be fools. I don't know where you're going to get 400w+ amp with those features and quality for under $100.
If you need to sell them in the future, just find guys with Hifonics/Sony/Lanzar/Pyle/Boss/Kenwood etc powering their components. The Xtant amps will almost instantly sound better.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3502
Yeah, I know exactly what you meen Isaac. I recently ran a set of Alpine type r components off my Orion G4, and you wouldn't think you'd be able to hear that much difference going from an alpine amp to a G4.

I still wanna buy a PPI Art amp, just to have one. Btw, is there any difference between the Black and White arts, besides the cosmetics?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4055
I think the white one had the upgraded ps.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 887
Isaac...what do you think about the older kicker impulse amps (the ix402 mainly)?

i have one on my components (cause its the only 2ch i have)...i may grab a 4ch and a second set of components pretty soon. that xtant 404 is very tempting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4061
Most old school amps were well made. However, Xtant were exceptional. Just look at all the features/options they come with. On top of that, it's US made.
If you were to try and find an amp now, you won't find any under $500.
Take a look at JL 300/4 or 450/4 amp and compare. Then look at the price.
Sooner or later Xtant will dry up. Same thing happened to G4 and PPI amps.
So get your amps while they're available.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us