Could i use my 4 channel amp to run the highs and the subs

bigfoot44
Unregistered guest
im getting a 4 channel amp could i and should i use all 4 channels but 2 for the front and 2 for the back i cant get another amp.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 805
Why not?

Anonymous

you can run 4ohm speakers on all four channels and run two 8ohm subs bridged for each set of two

bigfoot44
Unregistered guest
how about the front speakers 4 ohms each and the subs bridged to 2 ohms or them being 4 ohms as well the amp supports 2 ohm

Anonymous

if you did it that way you would heat your amp up like one of those heat packs you crack in your shoe

the only other option to hook up subs and speakers in a stable way is to run 8ohm on all four and bridge two 4ohm subs on each set of left and right

anything else and you will melt the insides of the amp

Anonymous

the method i stated above creates a 2ohm load on all four channels equally
you cant have 2 channels 4ohm and the other two 2ohm (you have to run them all equal)

bigfoot44
Unregistered guest
i dont want to run speakers on all 4 channels want to run the two front speakers and my subs thats it my subs are audiobahns DVC

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 126
can you give us the specs on yer amp and drivers? it will help us help you.

Anonymous

if your subs are dual 2ohm then you can wire them in series and put one sub on the left one sub one the right then your front speakers on the other two channels
if you dont want to run speakers on all four channels then you shouldnt have the amp
the only way you can bridge subs and use a front set is the two options i showed you earlier
otherwise all you can do is hook up one voice coil to each channel or hook up the front speakers alone (combined channels or seperate) and thats it
theres five options you have with a four channel amp and even more if you up the impedance on the speakers
as far as what you initially want to power youve been given every possible way
pick one and ask detailed questions

:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
if you have a DVC sub, you don't ever hook the coils up to seperate channels because the left and right channels compete, and you dont want them competing in the same device!

the different electrical signals from each channel will fight, your sub will lose.

Anonymous

if theres that much flux from a mono input i wouldnt suggest pairing them for bridge either

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
mono means one channel, no flux. you split the mono line to power both coils so that each coil gets the same signal - meaning no competition. so bridging would be fine considering the amp is able.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us