What should I Get

Jason Dorben
Unregistered guest
Hi guys. i just came into a bit of money and a mate of mine owns a pioneer outlet and he said that he'd give me a good deal on a new sound system for my car... does anyone have any ideas of what i should get?.i just wanted to get a second opinion.. i drive a honda civic hatch... and i'm looking for a system with good quality sound and a lot of bass...
so just let me know what you'd get...
Thanks

Jason Dorben
Unregistered guest
I was thinking about getting the deh-p7700mp head unit (3 preouts), the gm-6100f (4 channel 480w) amp, 1 or 2 ts-w306c (12" 1000w each) subs and ts-a1681r (6.5" 4 way 260w each) speakers for the front and rear... what do u think... and will 1 amp give me enough power for everything?
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 430
how big is the bit of money you came into and just how good of a deal do you think he'll actually give you? The only stuff I really like from pioneer is their premier head units.

Jason Dorben
Unregistered guest
its about $10,000 us... and he'll probly give it 2 me pretty close to cost price...

Jason Dorben
Unregistered guest
i could spend it on anything but i need to pay off some stuff so i'm trying to keep the costs lowish...

Bronze Member
Username: Hardball

Elgin, Sc USA

Post Number: 25
$10,000 US???? For that much money, there is hardly a limit on what you can get, your best bet is to look around and see what sounds good to you.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 575
for $2k -$3k...you could have a real nice system...maybe look beyond pioneer

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 720
I just figured up what I'll end up spending on my system by the time it's complete, and it's around 2k... Waiting on wires, batteries, connectors, alternator, and a few odds and ends to get here...

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 438
If I had that kind of money fall into my lap, i'd invest like all of it. But if he's giving you basically 50% off (most electronics are marked up by about 100% at least in stores) I'd get some of their reference level stuff.

2076_4041_34724%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0 ,,2076_4041_34724,00.html

and the 2076_4041_35384%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0 ,,2076_4041_35384,00.html

Thats basically pioneer's version of Alpine's F1 status equiptment.

Oh, and I wouldn't buy anything else even if you're getting a good deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us