BAnd Pass????????? Plz help

Bronze Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 51
hi guys is dual 10" bandpass enclosure good to run 2 subs???

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 429
No, unless you have it designged and built by someone who actually knows what they're doing and you actually have a specific purpose in mind for bandpassing it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
so well the guy has this bandpass that he wants to trade for my 12" box soo i am guessing it would be good. i mean why isnt it good...

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 570
because it is very peaky...you get a good amount of SPL from a certain frequency and then it rolls off from there so it isn't very musical...

ported only roll off below tuned frequency...

You should have a box that is made for the sub based on there t/s parameters...shouldn't just swap like that...

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 38
Really you should go with sealed lol. It increases bandwidth as far as bass goes, you'll gain more deepness and hit lower Hz. Sealed is def. for SQ IMO. You'll lose about 6dB on the downside. The bigger the sealed box the better. At least that's how it USED to be done before minimum specs were brought into play. I have a pair of hand built speakers that pack 8's for my bedroom. They have a depth of 1 ft. if that tells you anything. And they take a lot of abuse, as well as sound really good doing it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
ohh i havent really seen the box.. i will see that soon but the guy who is selling me is the running the same subs i am planning to run 2 10" infinities and he says it "pounds" he says its street shaking bass. not tha ti have heard but yeah i need some help on this guys...i am trading my 12" qlogic single sealed/ported box type 2..

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 130
Almost NObody uses bandpass for reasons described above - sealed & MOSTLY ported are used nowadays ......

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 432
his box is probably pre-fabricated, meaning sh!tty. Why whould he want to trade boxes with you if it his box was all that and then some. Infinity subs are for SQ and work well in a sealed boxes. If you don't believe me, look on the infinity site. Wherever enclosures are mentioned, it will specifically say that you should not put their subs in bandpass enclosures. My pefect 12dvq sub lives in a 1 cubic foot sealed box and has the flattest responses down to 20Hz (in car) that I've seen to date. If you're looking for loud, why don't you check out some sweet Xplod subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 42
Now Steve...we all know Xplods hold true to their name ;)!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9490
listen to the box and see what you think, but generally prefab bandpass boxes (the fancy ones with lots of plexiglass and lights etc) are poorly made of cheap thin materials, and the design of a 4th order bandpass box gives a lot of gain (makes the box very loud even with smaller subs) but as a trade off to get that added gain, the tuning of the box is very high, so while the box is very loud and boomy, it doesn't play deeply at all.. rolling off sharply below the tuned point usually around 45-60Hz.

If you want a lot of deep musical bass, look at going with a straight, ported enclosure. forget bandpass.
bandpass is popular in places like BB and CC because they can make any cheap $30 subwoofer sound really loud insoide the store, fooling people who don't know any better and are being miserly with their money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us