What would Glasswolf (or TBone) do?

Bronze Member
Username: Josebyron

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 18
After my recent quest for a four channel amp I ended up with Nakamichi and Eclipse for my mids and highs. I also acquired an Autotek ss600.4, pumping out 100w rms per 4 channel or 300 bridged x two.

I am having a custom enclosure built for my old Mercedes, the type with the gas tank behind the rear seat and have a choice of going with four 8" subs or two 10" - more than likely JL W3 or W6 - my question is, would you guys use, in the same situation, the Autotek amp as a sub driver? - if so, which setup is preferable: four 8" with 100 watts each or two 10" with 300 watts each?

Or would you scrap the idea and get specific class D amp(s) for the subs? - all I want is tight and solid bass, don't care who or if anyone hears it outside the car. This is for me!

As always, thanks for your input.
JBG

Bronze Member

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 20
I guess I need to come up with a catchier subject title....

Bronze Member
Username: Squattingdog

Post Number: 17
I don't know what all this type(letter) stuff about amps is but I'd go with the 10". I'm not Glasswolf or TBone nor am I really knowledgable about this stuff but I'm responding at least! :-)

Bronze Member

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 24
thanks, man!

I do appreciate your response.

Regards,
jbg

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1686
I don't hit the board several times a day lately. been busy.

Go with the tens, and the autotek should be good.
I did 4 8" boston pro series 8" in a mercedes 2 seater droptop once, and it sounded like crap. (owner insisted on teh setup, and the box was a nightmare to do) so after scrapping that, the tens were a much better solution.

Bronze Member

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 25
Thank you, Jedi Master.

Wisdom can be burdensome sometimes. I appreciate your responses and input.

Your apprentice,
JBG
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us