Glasswolf<---Please lend your opinion

Seightgtr2005intrepid
Unregistered guest
I have the pioneer 9400 HU (great head unit I love this thing) and I have my sub choice done with the premier ts-w5000spl sub I need an amp that will give me great sound at normal volumes and when I crank it up have no distortion and just be ear shattering to everyone around my car. I got my mind set on my mids to going with the infinity 6x9 in the back and 5 1/4 componets in the front and replacing my tweeters when I get all the other stuff done(factory 7 speaker stereo) I was also wondering about some mid speakers name I heard about that were the kind most people have never heard of but thats because they are so top of the line it was like a 3 letter abb. thr? msr? thq? i have no idea ring a bell to you?

seightgtr2005intrepid
Unregistered guest
Also if their is not budget limit involved what kind of subs would be purchased by you and how many, (and I dont mean 10, im talkin like 3 or less)and this decision is in terms of SQ and SPL. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1650
CDT may be what you're after for components.
good stuff.
www.thezeb.com has them.
for subs, that pioneer is a pretty weak sub, so you're not going to get what you described regardless of the amp used, but Kicker makes good amplifiers for subs and for components.
you may want to go to better subs, like Adire, eD, DD, IDMax, or even Kicker or JL.

JL also has good amplifiers if they are matched to their speakers.

as for the separates, go with Infinity Kappa Perfects in front, and that will take care of mids and tweeters for you. The 6x9s are fine for the back.

as for the second post, not knowing the actual car you have, I'd probably go with a pair of JL 13W7s in a sealed enclosure, with a JL 1000/1 for each sub, and alternators to drive the system adequately.
the subs and amps are about a grand each, so that's about $4500 in subs, amps, and box total, then you need mids/highs, a 4 channel amp for those, head unit, crossovers as needed, and you'd probably want a 1/3 octave EQ, RTA-tuned for the system to get a good sound curve.

seightgtr2005intrepid
Unregistered guest
OK thanks for that , and I have a reply to that....
My interior speakers were already planned to be the ones you said.
The car is a 1994 Intrepid
What would you say to these now knowing is a sedan?
-I want three subs (12" prefferably)what kind?
[i heard you metion elemental design subs-I checked them out and they look good to me- would you give a reccomendation on those]
-Amp I need an amp that has smooth tone and big booms when I really turn it up-what kind and size?
-Box I will try and find one but if ones to expensive I was considering just building a custom one? Ported-Bandpass or sealed? (remember to consider your reccomended sub and amp choice for this)
-And would a separate amp for my infinity's inside?what kind and size would you reccommend for the infinity's?

seightgtr2005intrepid
Unregistered guest
Ohhh one more question on Ebay there are people trying to sell the address to a website to but really cheap car audio stuff im talkin w7's for $150-$200 or somethin rediculousley low like that have you heard or known of such a place?

Bronze Member
Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 32
Stay away from those " LISTS " its a SCAMMMMMMMM !!!!!! Save your $$$$

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1754
look at kicker KX series amps for both subs, and components
as for the box, should run under $200 to have one custom made for you.
KX600.4 would be good for the component amp, and the KX1200.1 maybe for the subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us