Install myself or have best buy do it

hondarider
Unregistered guest
i will be buying a new head unit 2 subs and a amp and i was wondering how difficult it was 2 install these conmponents and if i could do it myself?

Anonymous

No, it's not too difficult. I did your exact setup in my car a few weeks ago. Simple. As long as you know how to do everything and have all the right tools. Saves money too. I went to Circuit City and they told me they'd do it for 180. I said no. I went home to my computer and learned everything I needed to know. Just takes a little elbow grease.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 417
not to go off topic, but what is wrong with the car audio subwoofer forum, or is it just my computer?, it is only showing 1 thread from 5:36 this afternoon!!

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 418
to answer your question, More than likely, Best Buy will not do a satisfactory install, and i have heard more negative comments about their installs than positive ones:-)

Anonymous

They're probably working on it. Kind of pissing me off.

Anonymous

Reminds me of something. My friend had his system installed at Circuit City and they placed the in-line fuse holder about 3 feet away from the battery. Dumb a$$es. LOL!

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 679
Elbow Grease? I wouldn't say that... For me it takes about five hundred feet of variouse cable, a ton of connectors, and I usually do a lot of swearing. And if it's an import, I need a Japanese to English book...

Anonymous: that's about where I put my in-line fuses... That way if something messes up, you have some play...

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4712
jake, you shouldnt place your inline fuse more than 18 incehs away i believe.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4423
"Reminds me of something. My friend had his system installed at Circuit City and they placed the in-line fuse holder about 3 feet away from the battery. Dumb a$$es. LOL!"

That's where it's supposed to be.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 556
Mine is a little over a foot~

Anonymous

Jonathan, it's supposed to be no more than 18 inches legally.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 684
Ah... My next install will be 12" or so... Thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us