Hooking Up Second Amp Into Distribution Block

Bronze Member
Username: Xxcodytxx1

Post Number: 19
I just got a second amp, and i want to hook it up to capacitor/distribution block, there is 3 negative feeds, and 3 positive. Im thinking 2 positive from the amp, then 1 postivie to the battery(fused). Then 2 negative to the cap, and one to the chassy. Also I have a 4 gauge wire to the engine currently, If i use 4 gauge wire to the cap from the amps, will that disrupt electron flow? Should i use 8 gauge from the amp to the cap or can i use 4?

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 163
4 gauge is bigger then 8 there guy.. i would us 4 all the way,

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 521
Personally, I would use 0 guage, but I guess since Shawn there thinks I'm a blabbering idiot, I know nothing...

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 166
u are a blabbering idiot, but yeah i would use 0 from batt, like tb said, then after dist block use 4

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9203
the wire gauge depends on the length of wire, and the current draw.
not knowing the wattage each amp will run or the current it'll draw, no way to tell.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
the 611a will draw up to 61 amperes and the 4 channel 7541a will draw up to 89... I do know that 4 is bigger then 8 guage, what i would like to use is 4 all around, to the engine and from the amplifiers to the capacitor

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9206
2AWG from the battery to the D-block and 4AWG to each amp from there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Ok thats what I figured, it needed to be Bigger from the Engine to the distribution block
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us