NEED HELP....my battery dies out

Username: Migsif

Post Number: 1
This what I got a 1000 watt amp and a crossover for the 2 12inch audiobauhn woofers and a small kicker amp for the tweeters..I have a stock alternator and a economy battery(I think its a cheap one)....I've had the system for about a month but like last week I was driving around jamming out...I turned off the car and when I was leaving it didnt wanna start no more...I had to use cables to start it...it happen again the next day....so I disconnected the 1000 watt amp and it hasnt died out no more.......what should I do?

what do I need new battery,alternator, or a capacitor or something?

Username: Jroc420

Post Number: 2
cap isnt going to help you, sounds like a cheap battery to me unless just a bad connection but if it was a bad connection when you unhooked the amp it still would work so your gonna need a new batt

Bronze Member
Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 35
Sounds like your amp stays on all the time. Make sure the remote switch on the amp isn't countected to a constant 12V source.

Bronze Member
Username: Squattingdog

Post Number: 15
I haven't got my system set up yet but I've been worried about needing a better amp and/or battery. It looks like I'll have around 1200w between two amps but I'm driving a 92 with the original alternator and a new battery. Does it sound like I might need to upgrade the alternator?

Username: Timmayyyy

Pasadena, CA U.S.

Post Number: 5
migsif, your problem is that you need a new alternator.. your stock one isn't cutting it and it's draining your cheap battery, leaving it dead so you can't start your car..

shane, you're gonna need a new alternator as well..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us