Do Police Cars Top out at 130 MPH?

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 14
I have heard from a few people that Crown Victoria Police interceptors, used by the police...either top out at 130 MPH, or have a govenor of 130 MPH.

Does anyone know anything about this subject?

Because if thats true, when I'm on the highway at 11:00 PM doin' 95-100 MPH like i usually do and i see those blue lights come on, i'll just go over 130 MPH and have the po-po's all day.

(I have a Camaro Z28, and have gotten it up to 155 MPH before, just in case anyone doubted i could go that fast)

Plus I doubt they would risk a 130+ MPH chase reguardless of if the statement i first made about their top speed is true.

Yes, yes i know the have these things called radios, but for where i drive i'm never 30 miles away from my house, and can easily get off the next exit and lay-low for 1/2 hour.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9184
all they need to do is run your plates once, genius. there's also this thing called a helicopter, aside from the radios, and tire spike strips.

Honestly, if you're driving that wrecklessly, I hope they do take your license.. makes it safer for the rest of us on the roads. Leave the high speed driving for the track. Even if their cars aren't governed, most departments have rules about high speed chases.. they'd rather let you get ahead of them then chase you, causing you to try to outrun them and causing more danger to other drivers.

Bronze Member
Username: Paradroid

Post Number: 11
According to http://www.modernracer.com/features/fordcrownvictoriacop.html
they are "limited to 129 mph". but a GlassWolf says, they have many methods to find you. And don't forget there are more of them than you.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3878
Man that was funny. Are you living in a fantasy land or something? Let's say you were breaking the law and a cop comes behind you. By the time you see the cop on your rear view mirror, it's too late. They would've seen your license plate, and since you're on a highway, you can't hide. The only choice you have is praying for an exit ramp.
If your plate was stolen/fake, how many times do you think you can get away? Twice the most before they track you down? For that you get to sleep with a 350lb guy named Mike for few years!
Not worth it.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9190
note also that the governing feature can be modified or bypassed entirely in about 10 minutes with a programmer, just as with most vehicles like diesel pickups.

the [police cars are limited in speed because they have no reason to go any faster. speeds higher than 130 endanger the lives of others as well as those of the officers and suspects in the pursuit.
They'd rather you get away or run into a road block ahead, or jsut follow you by air.

by the way, if you are caught going that fast, you realize that's a falony conviction you're facing.. which means not only are you going to do prison time, and probably never drive again, but you'll also never own a handgun or rifle, and you'll never vote, among other things like trying to get a job and having to list the conviction on a job application.. great future you're facing there, kid.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well around where I live they have no helicopters, i have never seen a spike strip, and as i said before, when ever i drive on the highway i'm never more than 10 exits from my own exit. and plus i'm talking about running at night so i have the advantage of darkness. I also put a clear coat paint or something like that (IDK what it is exactly called) to get rid of the reflectiveness of license plates. My theory is, and has worked a few times, is unless you think they have gotten your plate number, try to get away...

I would never run during the day. My car is heavily modified on the exterior, so it would be pretty obvious that if they saw my car agin they would know it was me.

If this was the case, could a cop pulled me over like 3 days later for speeding/ running away, based only on the fact it looks like the same car, and no definent proof such as the plate number?

and as i said before they would call off the chase if i was goin that fast, because like YOU said, they wouldn't risk it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
this is a different example but....

my buddy was driving on a road at like 10:30 PM and the speed limit was around 35 MPH and he was goin like 50 MPH. We noticed that a cop was coming the other way, based on the look of his headlights. He kept going 50, and the cop went by us goin the other way.

Now it doesn't take a genius to realize that we were goin over the speed limit, based on how fast we past him goin the opposite way. So my friend looked in his rear view and saw that the cop had pulled down a side street and saw his back-up lights go on. As soon as he saw that he floored it and we were goin about 90 MPH down this road, passing cars on the left, etc. we look back about 1/2 mile later and we see the cops blue lights in the distance, we pulled down the next street, backed into a random driveway and turned the car off. the cop came into the neighborhood, at this point he turned his blue lights off, and went right past us, turned around at the end of the street, went past us again and left and went back the way he was goin.

Cops are so dumb, he thought he was gonna be all cool and when he first turned around to get us, he would just drive up behind us without his flashers on, then put them on when he was close to us and pull us over.

I know he thought that we didn't see him when we passed each other.

To bad my friend and I both know what cops headlights look like, and we are always watching for that.

Cops also NEVER have foglights, so as soon as you see foglights, or HID's coming at you, you know its not a cop.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 630
well arent u a rebel.. keep doing it see what happens

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 413
i'm not one for arguing about petty things, do what you want, but i hope if you do get pulled over you do something really stupid like go for the cop's gun, and he shoots you in the head.:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 414
or tazer's your a** when you try to run away, but if it works, then keep doin it until you get caught lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 415
please realize that i am only kidding:-), i do not think it is a bright idea to run from the cops.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 416
*but, i do not think it is a bright idea to run from the cops though*

Foff
Unregistered guest
mike jones is a F'n retard.

Bronze Member
Username: Bob_falfa

NE

Post Number: 33
Anyone else thinking of a Darwin award?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9217
he only qualifies after killing himself in the act.

muddy, stop with these sequential postings.. I'm getting so tired of seeing 6 or 8 sequential posts from you in every thread I read.
just post once and leave it.. stop trying to fluf your post count. nobody cares what it is.. I don't even care what mine is.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 633
bullshit u know deep inside u want 10 000

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 473
i'm not trying to fluff my post count, i just think of something else to say AFTER i post. didn't know that it offened anyone, besides it's not like i get an award or get a discount off my car insurance when i become a Gold member. so maybe you should just take a deep breath every once in a while, and don't take what i just said offensively, i have to deal with people telling me what to do ALL DAY at work and i don't need another one OKAY MOM!!:-)

Username: Tedsprogz

Post Number: 7
AMEN josh!

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9235
run forest. run.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3891
He got rich at the end.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 512
*sigh* there is just no pleasing anyone. lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 513
Here is the best advice I can give you: follow the speed limit at all times, and you will never have to worry about getting pulled over for speeding, or trying to outrun the cops when they catch you speeding. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Hired_gun

North Bend, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12
Enjoy it while you can. The new Dodge police cars are coming soon. The 6.1 liter Hemi is 425 horses for the public and I'm sure the police interceptor version will get a few more. With 50/50 weight distribution, all wheel drive and Charger's standard electronic stability program (ESP)* is designed to assist drivers in maintaining control by measuring the vehicle's steering angle, turning rate, and acceleration to detect spin (oversteer) or plow (understeer), and automatically applying the throttle and/or brakes when necessary. All that means to you is you are not just driving against a cop. You are going to be up againt a highly sophisticated computerized traffic intervention device. All the officer will have to do to catch you is point the car at you and hold on. Then when you bend into the next corner a little tap from behind and you are outta here!

Catching that bucket you're driving will not be an issue.

You still willing to risk your life like that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
hey man, i'm pretty sure local police aren't going to go out and buy a brand new fleet of Dodge charger police cars. It would be way to expensive to do that and they would have no need to do that, where i live they have very little high speed chases, and even the state troopers aren't goin to get all new Dodger Chargers....and like i said before, if i'm goin 100 MPH and they are stopped, reguardless if they have the 425 HP charger, there is little chance they could catch me seeing how i would be .2 to .4 of a mile further down the road than him by the time he reached 100. Sure i have only 325 HP, but my car will easily be 500-800 pounds lighter than the Charger. But back to my main point, i can pretty much tell you that at most, the state troopers will have 2 or 3 of the New Chargers in their fleet. A cop, reguardless of the car he has, will not pursue me if i'm goin 120+ its to dangerous...like i stated before. and i'm not that willing to risk my life, its not like a get into a high speed chase everyday, thats retarted. I just like the fact that i could get away if i tried too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3973
That is what a lot of bike riders used to think. They can go 0 to 60 in about 3.5 sec and reach top speed of 150mph+. Well do you know how many of them are in jail? You don't have enough fingers to count them.

Anonymous

if your doin 120+ what makes you think a cop doesnt wanna play?

Bronze Member

North Bend, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13
As someone who has been on both sides of high speed persuit and when I was younger eluded police in a city wide high speed persuit. Though I ditched the cruisers they recognized my car and just went to my house. None of our agencies will back off. We have had many persuits that have gone 145mph+. Usually sport bikes and usually fatal. Public roads are very unforgiving of mistakes at high speed. The deal is your getting a false sense of security that you can outrun a cruiser. When your at work, sleeping or going on living your life those troopers that you think your going to out run are out there cruising and responding to calls at a high rate of speed all day/night long. Point is they know the max corner speeds and braking points of all your exits by heart. Knowing the road is a huge advantage. I have a freind who is a CHP officer. He drives a Camaro 90+ mph 12 hours a day to cover his patrol area. I ask how in the heck do you catch anyone speeding when your going so fast. Easy, was his answer. They are the ones that pass him. His police Camaro comes with a 4 point rollbar and 5 way harness in it. It too will do over 155. It's suppossedly able to overtake any vehicle available to the public. His assignment is traffic enforcement specifically agressive drivers and high speed (90+ mph and over) crimes. It is felony wreckless driving. A felony conviction will change your life. Yes they will chase you for going over 120 mph. Reason is if you are that motivated to get away it is assumed you must have done something very bad. When felonies weather real or presumed and once the lights go on and you don't yeild then the felony is proven and the chase continues. Just like the guy in his own house with a gun. Once they start they will not just give up or go away because it's too dangerous.

And to answer your original question. Yes, the Police Crown Vic as issued comes with a speed governer set at 130 mph. A lot of agencies will have it disabled if their work involves traffic enforcement. The Crown Vic is not the one to mess with. Nothing like looking over your shoulder at over 100 mph to find one 3 feet off your back fender. Been there done that. The big SUV Ford Expedition police vehicles weak spot is their brakes. They have mondo power but after having to dog the brakes 2 or 3 times and then they have NO brakes! That's when they have to back down. A Crown Vic doesn't have that problem and even hobbled at 130 mph can easily keep you in sight for as long as it takes. Then other resources are brought to bear on you and off to jail you go.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9500
assuming you survive the multi-roll over accident at 90+MPH when you stop.
The real point here is you're endangering the lives of everyone on the raod around you by driving that fast. I don't believe that "speed kills" after having driven SCCA and NHRA cars myself, but what I do firmly and wholeheartedly believe is that differential speed kills. You hit anything at 90MPH when it's stopped, and you're as good as dead. You hit a 55MPH truck going 70+ and that 15+MPH difference is what screws you. In your case going 130+, you're talking a differential speed of more than a car at 55 hitting a brick wall. see the problem?
I'm not trying to bash ya here or make ya feel like an idiot. I'm trying to be reasonable and point out the real problems with going that fast in the US. Our roads just aren't made for it. we don't maintain them properly fir high speeds, and we have relatively thin asphault.. not like the autobahn where they have 27" of asphault and if the road shows a crack, they replace the whole section of road on the spot.. if you hit a pot hole at 100+ you can lose control of even a well tuned sportcar at night, and end up headlong into a semi.

Hey I love to drive fast too.. I just leave it on the strip or the track for the most part. I restrict my fun on the streets now to car shows, and the occasional humbling of a ricer at a stop light if it's a quiet day out and I'm not going to tick off a bunch of other drivers. Granted in my case, most of the kids around here with tuners know better already so they leave my car pretty much alone.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Is it a felony if you are going 100+ MPH, and the police put their lights on, and you pull over?

Glass, i agree with what you said about our roads, they aren't in the best of condition, and if you do hit a pothole at those speeds your f*cked, reguardless of the fact that I upgraded my shocks, struts, springs, and sway bars. Also another thing i noticed are the pieces of 18 wheeler's tires on the road, if you hit that, your gonna lose control also. I think between you, and Hired Gun, i have been pretty much convinced that its not worth the thrill of trying to get away and drive that fast. I talked to my uncle about it and he said this "Know you limits, don't be stupid and try to outrun the police, you will only get yourself killed. Getting away from them on city/town streets is one thing, but high speed chases are the wrong thing to do." And i will admit, I sometimes do feel invinceble when i'm behind the wheel of my camaro, probably because i did most of the work on it / modifying it etc. But I realized that when u crash at those speeds, you don't even realize it has happened becuz it will go THAT fast. Thats not something that i want to happen, not only because i spent all the money/time/effort into my car, but for my own well-being, and my family. Its a selfish move on my part to drive that fast, because if i crash and die, its unfair to my family, friends, and girlfriend who I love very much. I'm sure none of them want to be burying their son/grandson/brother/friend/boyfriend at 17 years old.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Also, hired gun, would the cops P.I.T. you at over 100 MPH?

Bronze Member

North Bend, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14
What is P.I.T.? No it's not a felony if you pull right over. It's the attempted eluding a car with flashing lights that is the felony. High rate of speed speeding will get you arrested though. Just like driving under the influence or wreckless driving. Now if minors are in the car now that is a felony again.

Law enforcement will put tack strips in front of a car or motorcycle going at any speed. If they can get in front of you at 180 mph they will flatten your tires. If they come up behind you at that speed and the road is clear they will spin you out. If you approach a road block at high speed they will shoot you. Serveral car persuits in our city were ended when the speeder was simply shot in the head. It's no joke and people die from it.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9613
actually depending on the state you're in (50 states, not condition) going over 100MPH even if you stop, is considered an automatic attempted suicide, and having anyone else in the car is attempted homocide. (Virginia has this for example) so be very careful there.. and yes if you are endangering the lives of others by not stopping, and there's traffic, they'll do anything they can to stop you if they feel it's the best thing to do.. they will PIT you at those speeds. Just watch a ffew episodes of "wildest police chases" on Spike.. you'll see several examples.

cops won't shoot the driver of the car unless he's armed though and they feel a threat is preasent.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2074
Virginia Doest play with speeding. I live in maryland and i go to VA alot. My brother was going like 115 one night heading to VA beach from maryland. He was on 95 south around fredericksburg area and the cop was following him and eventually pulled him over and had them get out of the car and check for alcohal and the cop is like "tell me one good reason why i shouldnt put you in jail" / He gave him a ticket and told him he had a court date and that they whould be watching him from the sky / highway imaging from the sky/helicopter maybe or satellite even all the way to va beach. So they had him on lock all the way down to the beach. He had to get a lawyer to get out of all this trouble. His license was suspended for a few weeks even. Not worth it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
I may have done away with the fast driving, but i still believe in outsmarting the cops. Like if they are going the opposite way as you at night, and you see them start to turn around, just floor it around to the next corner, pull down a street, pull in someones driveway, and turn your car off. I have done this a few times and its worked everytime. No need to go terribly fast in this situation, just be smart. Its very hard to get an exact match on a car at night when its traveling the opposite way....and the cop doesn't realize that the person is speeding until they pass him...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4021
Yea, but remember, every dog has it's day. All it takes is some bad luck on your part, and you will get busted.
For example, lets say you pass a cop going the opposite way and decide to take the next exit. What do you think will happen if the cop radios for help and another patrol happens to be near your exit? Unless there's 5 cars that look exactly like yours trying to exit at the same time, it won't be that hard to spot you.
I've seen it happen. It's not matter of how smart you are, but how lucky/unlucky you are at that moment.

Bronze Member

North Bend, Oregon USA

Post Number: 15
"cops won't shoot the driver of the car unless he's armed though and they feel a threat is preasent."

That is very naive thinking. They shoot unarmed people everyday. If you point your car at an officer and drive towards them you are going to die. If you endanger others with your car they will shoot you to stop you. Never tell someone a cop just won't shoot you if you are not armed. That doesn't matter and having a weapon is not a requirement of getting shot. It all about how the officer is interpreting the situation and he always gets the benefit of doubt by the DA.

A couple years ago a deputy in my town shot a man while attempting to elude him while driving one of those Volkswagen powered Manx buggies. The officer got out of his cruiser and commanded the driver to stop. The driver did not comply so he shot him with one single shot to the back of the head as he was speeding out of the Sizzler parking lot towards a busy intersection. The man was unarmed and he was known to the deputy who could have just went to his house and waited for him. He was endangering the public and it was ruled a good shooting as the deputy stopped a dangerous driver from taking the pursuit into a more dangerous situation.

The ducking into a driveway thing. If the officer has not turned his lights on yet, it is not legally eluding. Eventually the will get to know your car and if they see you break the law they will just go to your house and give you the ticket there or better yet where you work. You are not outsmarting anyone. Mission accomplished for the officer. They are probably laughing at you while you are ducking into the driveways with your lights out and then having to sneak home. Your not speeding anymore and now all they have to do when they see you is tap the brakes just before you go out of site the other way and they know you will go hiding and they don't even have to bother turning around to stop you. You are most likely going to end up the being the topic of amusement and they will all start doing it to you just for a laugh.

Consider this. If you want to drive fast either take your car to the track or if you are really so smart then go take the police exam and join up. Then you might get one of those new Dodges issued to you and all the free gas to drive it all day long. Then you can use your superior brain to outsmart punk kids who think they are smarter than you.

Where do you think cops come from? Traffic cops most likely are hot rodders who are using their tallent for driving for the good. If you doubt me I dare you to try to outdrive one. It's not like tv where they all spin out and run onto each other while the bad guy gets away. Like I said. You will think you are doing pretty good and when you turn to look that darn Crown Vic will be right there. They get formal high speed driving instruction and regular practice. You just speed on the highway a little from time to time. They do it everyday.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9668
actually I outdrive cops at the track fairly often, but most people don't go to driving schools or drive at tracks or strips, so for the most part yes cops are better trained drivers.
As for shooting someone, they aren't going to shoot you simply for speeding. Like I said, unless they feel a threat is immenant they won't shoot you simply for speeding. If you're endangering lives, of course they'll shoot you, but they have to weigh the risks of shooting someone driving a 2 ton car at 100+MPH as well.. Onc the car loses control, they have to consider the other drivers around them.
use your head. it's common sense.
I've worked armed security/bodyguard service and been through the Virginia state police training for handgun, shotgun, and PR24 use (required to pass the range test for licensing to carry on the job) so I'm fairly familiar with what is and isn't legal or considered wise in the course of having to draw or use a weapon, along with the legal and civil liabilities that go along with that job.

Bronze Member

North Bend, Oregon USA

Post Number: 16
Never said they would shoot you for speeding or at speed. That would be even more wreckless.
Just like you said, for endangering lives with emminate lethal danger The guy in the Sizzler partking lot was being stopped for driving while suspended and he was known to run so when he bolted the officer just shot him.

A PR24, the nightstick with wood, I have not seen one of those since the 80's. Most security and law enforcement are all sporting collapsable metal Asps now. Plus the new supercool electric fighting machine affectionatly known as the "Tazer." That thing rocks. My best friend/cop buddy uses his at least once a week. If the darn cartridges weren't so much I'd get one just to play around with. One of those would sure quiet the neighbor dog down.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4042
Has anyone tried that tazer on a pit bull? Those suckers don't die. A cop had to shoot it 6 times before it let go of the bite.

Anonymous

Sorry Kid, I am a State Trooper and I have never lost a chase. My crown vic does max out at 130mph, but you are not faster than motorola or a helicopter. The other people on this site are right your not gonna win. You may get away one day, but in the end I will be stuck picking you up off the pavement. Unfortuantly I will also be the same individual that has to notify your parents you will not be coming home. Your still young and your gonna make mistakes, I see it everyday. Nothing says you cant learn from your mistakes or anothers. In the end what do you prove? nothing don't endanger my life or the life of sombody else. SLOW DOWN!

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9742
"Unfortuantly I will also be the same individual that has to notify your parents you will not be coming home."

hardest part of the job there is, they say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
i think the funniest thing is i did all this with no radar dector or anything.... pretty dumb now that i think of it

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 12
i live in miami and on i95 at night even durring the day (not rush hours) but people always hit 80 - 90 - 100 cops dont even care i see cops doin 80 - 90 sometimes i remember i was doing 85ish not even noticing it cause i was barely keepin up with the other people in the far left and next to far left lane a cop changed lanes just to pass me i though he was gunna rope me or tell me to slow down next to me after i saw my speed

dont speed
Unregistered guest
OK Mr. Jones just so you know the chase all depends on where you are the crown vic's where I am arent governed they reach 140 in the right conditions but we have other cars that will get 170 and no matter how dangerous we will chase till you wreck or we do once again it all depends on where you are but we have about 15 helios available within about 10 mins but belive it or not thats not public knowledge oh if they have a good enough description of you vehicle then yes they can hook you up the next day next week or even next year if they follow up on it now i dont know where you are and dont really care but just keep in mind not everything is public knowledge people dont know that where i am at most cops carry assult riffels and yes there are dumb cops just like there are dumb speeders so you may get away with it once or twice but one day you will run into the one that knows what he doing and you will be spending plenty of time in jail to think about it

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 182
I had to get in on this,
My dads a Cop and pulling into a drive way is not "outsmarting" them, I'm pretty sure that cops have to graduate, so your grade 8 level isn't going to cut it.
Lets just hope that you have a low sperm count so we wont see posts like this in the future!

You dont need to brag about speeding, its like braging that your the best Russian Roulette player.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1065
"Heavily modified" --OMFG! If you're chopping ANYTHING, you're a moron. Body kits and such... It's just like lift kits and big tires, just a pen1s extension... A REAL man only cares about what's under the hood. And I'm not talking about crome. I don't have a spec of crome on any of my cars. It's about what's inside... And 155mph isn't that fast...

Oh, and speeding is stupid. That's how I lost my entire family... (I'm not in the mood to explain that one again)

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2430
i'm curious....perhaps one day when your in the mood....

Bronze Member
Username: Tekniqal

Flagstaff

Post Number: 25
LOL Wow this thread is greatness. The ONLY chance u have at getting away from a cop that is dead behind you is to be in a exotic (maybe) or a cr0tch rocket. And even then it is completely not worth the risk. How often do people get away in high speed chases? ITs liek what was said earlier all they need is ur liscense plate. Not to mention, I dont remember the last time I saw a cop driving a Crown Victoria lol this isnt 1990.

Anonymous

hello i would just like to know what the speeding ticket would be for doing 155 in a 55 mph zone like the road next to the highways also what would it be for 130 in a 55

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 287
just thought id throw this in there. my friend got sent to jail for doing 90/25 in virginia. anything over 100 counts as intent to kill in virginia. also, my friend got a DUI on a golfcart and lost his liscense for 2 years. the law is harsh, dont mess with it. the reason he got pulled for 90/25 is because he saw a cop shooting radar on the other side of the road, and he was doing 60/45. he saw the lights turn on, bailed into a neighborhood and floored it. cop turned the corner, got him on radar at 90 in the neighborhood. running just gets you in worse trouble. unless your already going to jail, dont run.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1608
f a cop

ur an idiot
Unregistered guest
mike jones i hope you die

even with no potholes, going regular freeway speeds (65-80 mph) if a gust of wind hits you just right or another car barely taps you, its all over. i dont care i you've got the best suspension in the world, at those speeds human reaction time is too slow x 10.

like you said yourself you dont even know you crashed until you're dead

93/5.0gt
Unregistered guest
mike jones, you said that you have a "heavily modified" camaro. tell me, what all do you have done to youre SWEET RIDE!

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 128
lol, funny thread.

Matt Thigpen, cops cant clock you while they are moving also, it wont be accurate at all.

Mike Jones you speed now, but you know the consicquences now. Speeding is plain pointless. When you get older you will realize it some more. I just stay in the slow lane, and play my music at insane levels! That is enough excitment for me...

You go that fast, who are you impressing? No one, cause they cant even see the mad man...

I dont like cops, but we need them for people like you. There are many cops out there waiting to make you an example.

In the last 2 weeks in NC, 3 major accidents involving high speed killed innocent people! On a highway I take every day. Mexican immigrants in 2 of the cases. Doing 100+ mph!! THEN Going the WRONG WAY!! Both driving race cars. (seperate incidents) One of them only in the US for 7days.

2fast4u
Unregistered guest
Yes, cops CAN clock you while they are moving. Literally ALL of the patrol-car-mount radar units have this capability.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1257
I have a 1982 Z-28 Camaro. I have a Merlin aluminum 427 block. It's supercharged, with a .698 lift cam, and the list goes on and on. Last time I had it dynoed I had over 1,300 HP. The frame is beefed up, custom axle, 700R4 transmission with a transmission brake, roll cage and five point safety harness. I can pull 9.5 seconds on the quarter mile...

The car has a 3.53 rear end, and I have no idea how fast it'll go, I have done a lot of suspension work, but it's still not enough. I've had it up to 170 on a track designed specifically for high speeds. Trust me, 130 is EXTREMELY fast. But you have no turning ability, even in a very well designed car. It's not worth running.

As the old motto goes from the classic muscle car days: "You may be able to outrun the cop, but you can't outrun the 2-way (radio)."

Unless you outrun him and get hidden, and he doesn't get your plate, all your doing is putting people in danger and putting on an idiodic show. Eventually your going to die, or get caught.

Bronze Member

North Bend, Oregon USA

Post Number: 17
I used to think the same thing about radar. They can't get me if they are moving. Heck I was a Law Enforcement Explorer Scout for 3 years and used to run the radar myself. Shortly there after I got my first ticket by a State Police cruizer coming the other way. I didn't even lift. He got me pegged at exactly what I was going. 70 mph even. That was in 1981. The radars are much better since then.

thunderus_flatulance
Unregistered guest
If your gonna run from the cops at 130+mph,
do the world a favor,
run into a pole.

why would you want to put yourself and/or other's lives in danger just to try and beat a speeding ticket? unless your running for other reasons. drug trafficking, gun running, some other illegal thing.
if the pole isin't really your thing, you could try a wall. maybe even a cliff. those make for nice explosions and pretty light shows.

just my $.02 (and i'm sure some other's feel the same but haven't said it yet)

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
OKAY its pretty obvious most people in this thread think I am some crazy kid that drives 100+ everytime i drive on the highway. This is not true. I usually drive like 80-90 MPH. And everyone seems to think that I would run from the cops if he is clearly behind me and has my plate number....thats ridiculous.... obviously I'm gonna pull over if i think he has my plate number. If I were to run from the cops, which i have, its STRICTLY at night. The only instances i have ran is if the cop is driving the opposite way as I am, and i see him turn around, or if the cop is at a dead stop and I'm driving by at like 50+ MPH.

Using an equation from my physics class...
60 MPH = 88 Feet/sec.
Cop car's 0-60MPH time about 7 seconds

What this means is....

Lets say you are Going 60 MPH in a 45 MPH zone and you pass a cop thats parked, doing radar, or not even doing radar for that matter...

The cop will have about a 2 second reaction time, after you pass by him, to shift into gear and start the pursuit. so 2 sec + the 7 secs (0-60MPH) = 9 seconds total.

By the time the cop reaches 60 MPH, which is the speed that you started at, You would be about 500 feet ahead of the cop, if you maintained your 60 MPH speed.

However, If you passed the cop then saw him pull out and you speed up to lets say 80 MPH (which takes about 4 seconds) You would be about 700 feet ahead of the cop by the time he reaches 60 MPH.

This would mean that there would AT LEAST be 700 feet of separation once the real "pursuit" began, and you would still be going 20 MPH (117 feet/sec)faster than the cop at this time.

My car def. has better acceleration that a cop car (crown vic) in the 60-90 MPH range, so i would only pull away even more from the cop. Probably 900 feet by the time the cop reaches 70 MPH. At this point, I would be a full 8 seconds ahead of the cop. At this point its time to find a side street and try to hide somewhere, or lose him by taking a bunch of turns.

You definitely have to know the area you are in to pull this off, otherwise you won't know where you are going.

YES YES I KNOW COPS HAVE RADIOS!!!! THAT IS THE CHANCE YOU TAKE.

If you are going to get away from the cop, its going to be within the first 3-5 min. after that, if he's still following you, your screwed because the back-up will have most likely arrived.

Rule of thumb, be smart when you decide to Run, know your limits, and running from the cops is not worth your life.

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
OKAY its pretty obvious most people in this thread think I am some crazy kid that drives 100+ everytime i drive on the highway. This is not true. I usually drive like 80-90 MPH. And everyone seems to think that I would run from the cops if he is clearly behind me and has my plate number....thats ridiculous.... obviously I'm gonna pull over if i think he has my plate number. If I were to run from the cops, which i have, its STRICTLY at night. The only instances i have ran is if the cop is driving the opposite way as I am, and i see him turn around, or if the cop is at a dead stop and I'm driving by at like 50+ MPH.

Using an equation from my physics class...
60 MPH = 88 Feet/sec.
Cop car's 0-60MPH time about 7 seconds

What this means is....

Lets say you are Going 60 MPH in a 45 MPH zone and you pass a cop thats parked, doing radar, or not even doing radar for that matter...

The cop will have about a 2 second reaction time, after you pass by him, to shift into gear and start the pursuit. so 2 sec + the 7 secs (0-60MPH) = 9 seconds total.

By the time the cop reaches 60 MPH, which is the speed that you started at, You would be about 500 feet ahead of the cop, if you maintained your 60 MPH speed.

However, If you passed the cop then saw him pull out and you speed up to lets say 80 MPH (which takes about 4 seconds) You would be about 700 feet ahead of the cop by the time he reaches 60 MPH.

This would mean that there would AT LEAST be 700 feet of separation once the real "pursuit" began, and you would still be going 20 MPH (117 feet/sec)faster than the cop at this time.

My car def. has better acceleration that a cop car (crown vic) in the 60-90 MPH range, so i would only pull away even more from the cop. Probably 900 feet by the time the cop reaches 70 MPH. At this point, I would be a full 8 seconds ahead of the cop. At this point its time to find a side street and try to hide somewhere, or lose him by taking a bunch of turns.

You definitely have to know the area you are in to pull this off, otherwise you won't know where you are going.

YES YES I KNOW COPS HAVE RADIOS!!!! THAT IS THE CHANCE YOU TAKE.

If you are going to get away from the cop, its going to be within the first 3-5 min. after that, if he's still following you, your screwed because the back-up will have most likely arrived.

Rule of thumb, be smart when you decide to Run, know your limits, and running from the cops is not worth your life.

BlackbeautySUV
Unregistered guest
Will police radar work in the rain?

Bronze Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 45
i would say so cause about a year ago my mama got pulled ova in a thunderstorm for speeding. i know you're thinking what were we doin speeding but i had an awards banquet to get to like thirty miles away. but neway the cop had his rader out in the rain hidin out bhind the bushes tracking speeds of people driving.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 344
if you get pulled over during the rain you could fight it and say that there is multipath and the beams where boucing off of the rain we just learnt it in school about a month ago they cant use them in rain the only way they can catch you in the rain is if they are behind you

Anonymous

I have a 1987 firebird it has a 350, a 350 turbo and a pozi rear end its pretty fast. Speedometer only reads 120 but I know it goes a little faster. WELL ANYWAY I use to drive it like a moron. I was going 120 and seen a cop coming and I turned down a few streets and lost him. Ok so yeah that works every now and then. Well one night I was going to my buddys house and some "punk kid" pulls up behind me and hes right up on me so I gun it. I hit 120+ and deside to slow down because Im almost at my friends house I totaly lost the car behind me or so I think. Im getting ready to turn down a street when I see the car barreling down towards me and then the lights go on. It turns out I was the punk kid and the guy in the car behind me turns out to be a cop. To be fair it was late at night and it was a unmarked car. but sence then I had to pay for the ticket and my insurence went up.

ive slowed it down alot sence then. cops arnt nice to you when you try racing them.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 389
wow that one sucks pretty bad i hate it when cops sneak up behind you

bored
Unregistered guest
I don't even know how I ended up here, but it's been an entertaining read. The thing that really eludes me is that no one has bothered to mention that this whole thread was started by a knucklehead that just wanted to brag about his car, nothing more. Now I'm no angel. I did a lot of crazy sh*t when I was younger, but I grew up (somewhat). We used to drag when I was younger on a closed road to prove what our cars would do. Not as safe as a track, but better than a public road...... Alright, this is killing me, so I gotta say it. Mike, I would have sucked your windsheild wipers off that bucket as I showed you the "dissapearing tail light trick"! See how much of a jackass you sound like when you talk smack like that. LMAO

Bronze Member
Username: Yeah_toast

BIG SB South Bend, IN USA

Post Number: 31
Well aound here it seems to be popular with the tri county area i live in they started to point thir radar guns out there back windows so you detector wont go off well atleast mine didnt it was also raining not poring so i think im going to fight it the reason i know he was pointing it out his rear window is because he told me and later day when i went past a county it didnt go off till he passed me in wich it kept going off till i was about half mile past him over a hill fyi i have a Escort 8500 X50

mayor of town
Unregistered guest
Iam glad thatI live in New Mexico Police here are not allowed to shoot or taser drivers due to lawsuits filed agianst and lost by police depts.also in my town pursuits are not allowed period. the last officer that did was caned less than 1 hour after.

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
No one has any comments on my thread with all the math calculations in it about getting away from the cops???? I'm glad i wasted my time figuring that all out....lol

Anonymous

Is it just me or does Glass Wolf have a serious attitude problem? Maybe he needs to be introduced to the toilet plunger NYPD-style.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1440
...Does nobody watch the show cops anymore...police are constantly in 100+MPH chases...

Have fun being someones b!tch

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
yup and i also noticed they never show the chases were the people that are running get away...

Bronze Member
Username: Artofaccuracy

Post Number: 58
How about you just drive normal?

And glasswolf does not have a serious attitude problem.

I'll enjoy seeing your chase on streetfire.net though. Maybe you can pull one of those 360 maneuvers like the 05' Mustang chase they have on there. At least it would be entertaining to watch.

That said running from the cops is an amazing adrenaline rush, I used to do it in my town of 5000 people in my Mr2 ... I'd love seeing crown vics disapear at night in my rear view as they would try and corner with me, but its not worth it.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 116
The 360 moves were sweet but what happened....he got drug out of his car slammed on the ground and cuffed. Here's one to think about, you pull into a neighborhood doing 60, a kids ball comes out in the street, he runs after it and BAM he's dead. Do you keep running since the cops still don't have your plate numbers? Could you live with killing a kid, a cop, another motorist, or a passenger? I hope not. The only good thing about idiots like you....I get to watch cops and wonder "what the he11 are those idiots thinking!?"

another thought, maybe this is morbid, but I would love to see a guy on a crotchrocket have spike strips thrown out in front of him. he would eat pavement and I would laugh.

Alos Mike most third graders know math so if you want a sticker or something for it, go find the slow kids (nothing against them) but here is how a cop sees it:
"He is doing 90, I am not moving but by the time I get up to 60 he might be a mile ahead of me. if a mile equals 5,280 ft.....how about I just call someone ahead of him to join in"

I hope you end up on cops. Bob would like it if his cell mate/f*#k buddie is a TV star!

Username: Orion_hcca

Post Number: 10
i wish we only had crown vics out here doin highway traffic, but they have about 15 z06 vettes on the highways, mike come out here to outrun our police please

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 157
However, with a 600cc or more bike you could get away pretty quick:-)
One I got away from bicycle cops:-) I had temp(carton) tags at the time, expired. The thing is, I washed the car like every day so you really couldn't see those numbers that easy. They were coming the opposite way (BTW, that was the first time I had ever seen a bicycle cop), I was speeding a little, but the thing that they didn't like I guess was the fact that I was pulling my 2nd gear out to the red line and it was loud and seemed fast + my system was playing loud and those guys really enforce their noise ordinance:-). So they turned around and before I realized it I was getting away. Later in the parking lot at work, which was like 1/4 mile away from the place they spotted me I got a ticket for parking:-) with expired tags. The thing is, they knew it was the same Celica, but since they never got the tags, they could not prove it was the same one:-)
Well, at the end, it wasn't even a chase, it was simply me making a few turns into the neiborhood:-)

Username: Iamunimaginativ

Fairfax Station, VA United State...

Post Number: 1
The useless internet insults diminish all valid points. You may not like Mike but he's one of the very few who seems willing to objectively look at other people's points of view. Being a jerk doesn't win people to your way of thinking, if it's a strong enough point you really don't need to sling insults and death threats at people on the web. I'd suggest not being rude just because the internet allows you the anonymity to do so without it reflecting on your character.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7269
how did i miss this thread???

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 195
I have a friend with a STi and his lisence plate is B88BB88B and even being right behind him you cant tell what it is. Great way to get out of something like that. Even if they are close enought to read they cant tell what it says. also 11ll1ll1 (thats ones and L's in lower case), WWW WVWW or ODOODDDO. Anything that is hard to read or will get you confused works wonders. He has ran from a cop when he was right on his tail and they can't give the ticket because they cant prove it was him.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 237
that's retarded. he would just look for a liscence plate that is easily remembered, like 1l1ll1l and pull you over. besides running from the cops is pointless if you are in a car. you can do it on foot, but in a car you are screwed. i got pulled over once going 18 mph over the speed limit and the cop just gave me a warning. as long as you don't go 20+mph over just pull it to the side of the road. if you are going to race, find a deserted road somewhere and do it there at about 3 in the morning if you must.

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
also, mike jones you only got you camaro goin 155mph? my acura does that and so does pretty much any other car without a 4 banger engine.(excluding turbos obviously, lol)

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
also, mike jones you only got you camaro goin 155mph? my acura does that and so does pretty much any other car without a 4 banger engine.(excluding turbos obviously, lol).

Silver Member

Post Number: 345
Most cars are governor limited well below 155MPH, I know my moms 03 Grand Prix GT is limited at like 109 MPH, and you would have a tough time convincing me that it could get up to 155 MPH anyway. You would also have a tough time convincing me that any regular SUV or truck could go that fast. I'm obviously excluding the SVT Lighting, and SS Chevy truck, Porsche Cayanne, X5 4.4 and things of that nature. I believe my camaro would top out around 160-165ish. What type of acura were you in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
top speed on my acura tl is listed at 154 mph

Gold Member

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3645
listed and tested are 2 different things...

my friends Civic shuts OFF at 115:-)

Gold Member

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3646
but that is besides the point....its a dam civic. lolol

Username: Silverhammer

Willits, Ca Usa

I was just skimming the internet looking for info on the MR2 when I found this.. Anyways...

Don't cops have internet divisions? I know they do... Scan places like myspace, and message boards, looking for people who stupidly confess to crimes in a public place.

Even with my computer skills and resources, I can find your general area. The cops are better trained, and have more resources than I do. Easily be able to find your exact location from your e-mail address since your using verizon, and not a free ghost mail server.

I mean, sure they can't do a whole lot without a picture or video proving what your doing... But.. If they have read this, then chances are, they know where you live, and what kind of car you drive...

Just a thought...

Oh, and I typed this before I registered... After filling out the forum. Almost can't believe they haven't stopped by your house yet.

Anyways... Why not just go to a race track?

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
how would they prove that The person that wrote about running from the cops was really the person that did it.... I could be a friend writing on this forum under this user name, I said nothing about Where I was when it happened, or the exact date.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 337
my tags just expired and im gonna go get new ones
i bass out alot in CVS parking lot, and almost every time someone comes out and takes down my tags and gets on the phone, i just drive away and flick them off, can they get me at the DMV when i go to get new tags?this happens 3 or 4 times a week

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 338
my tags just expired and im gonna go get new ones
i bass out alot in CVS parking lot, and almost every time someone comes out and takes down my tags and gets on the phone, i just drive away and flick them off, can they get me at the DMV when i go to get new tags?this happens 3 or 4 times a week.
and probably every where else i listen to music

i know i should turn it down, but i just love it

Username: Olegrus

So Mike Jones, I guess than its really nothing to outrun cops with motorcycle that can go up to 210 mph. If u talk about outrunning cops with a car that tops out at 160-165, then police wont have any chance catching a bike that tops out at 210, right? http://www.stupidvideos.us/video.aspx/IDp~55

Username: Teaoooobag

WOW! Just read this thread and this discussion has lasted more that a year?!? Yikes! Well, anyway, look, no matter what anyone says about getting caught by cops, if you have the balls/stupidity/pride/whatever, most cops will not bother with you down here in Texas. They will chase after you, but I personally own a 05 Yamaha R6 that tops out at 167mph, completely stock, and I never had to really go that fast to get aways from them. All I need is my trusty switch, which turns off all of the lights on the bike. I mean, I've seen my friends pass cop cars at 120mph on the highway and the cops don't even try... Sometimes you might get a hero here and there who tries to stop you, but all we do is speed up a little, flip the switch, take an exit, and chill for a little. Even if there is a helicopter, they can't do anything if you go under bridges... So what you do is simply go under bridge, flip the switch, and not get into the searchlight's view. And to all those talking about spokes on the road, or cops ramming you, at least on a bike, they are not allowed to do that because we had instances of a cop trying to pull over a speeding motorcycle with a passenger in a chase. The cop rammed the motorcycle, the girl in the back lost grip and fell off the bike, killing herself. The family sued the police and won. It doesn't make sense for them to stop you, if there isn't much traffic on the road. Now on most Texas highways, you can easily manage turns going 140mph. The reality is that running away creates a lot more danger for yourself and others, but it IS possible, if you're willing to take the risk. Can you imagine a crown vic taking a turn going 130mph, chasing after you? The cop himself is creating danger for everyone on the road, since he can do MUCH more damage than the biker and has less control than a motorcycle... Just be careful, and know that you are taking a GREAT risk when running away, whether it be a car or bike, you are playing with fire, and you will get burned, sooner or later. It's just most of us hope for the later part, which isn't always the case...

Bronze Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 88
Hey, when you finally get caught, make sure you get the police videos (most cars have cameras) so we can watch you get pulled over. I want to here you say "well, gee officer, I didnt know you could catch me, well, all in good fun right?"

Username: 930porshe

I think we should go European style

Post Number: 2
There are sooo many roads that dont need stupid limits

Username: Coleshill

Stouffville, ON Canada

Post Number: 3
Man, the US is quite harsh on speeders I must say. They are quite lax in Canada, like you wouldnt believe. A friend of mine got caught doing 170kph in an 80kph (about 105/106mph in a 50mph). He got 6 cops on him, im assuming it was a speed trap with that many close. He ended up with a $1500 ticket but his parents decided to take his licence for a month or two. That was it. He drive around all the time.

Another friend got her dads Lexus SC430 convertable. This car is rather expensive. It was a dealer car. She picks me up, we drive around and a cop sees me moving around in the car. He pulls us over gives me a lecture and explains to be I could get nailed for reckless endangerment and get fined for $2000 and say goodbye to my licence for a while. I got off with a $110 ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. Lesson learned.

Turns out the car we were riding in had improper insurance (a card from 2001), bogus dealer plates and she was using a dealer car illegally*. This was not her fault however. Turns out this can get the plates stripped right there, have the wehicle impounded, give the driver a $5000 fine and take her licence for two years and go to court and plead to them to give it back after the 2 years is up. Got off with a $65 misplaced insurance card ticket. And still got to drive home just as we were before.

It would be nice to see if anyone could top these ticket evation stories.

Username: Dpurwin

OK, here is some food for thought...

Last week I was returning from my girlfriend's house in Baltimore City. I live in Maryland as well, but out in the sticks not too far from the Pennsylvania border. I was riding on my 04 Suzuki GSX-R 600cc Rocket. It was 2am and hardly any cars on the country road that I am taking home, so I pop it and take it up to 100MPH when I notice that I just passed a cop on the opposite side of the road running radar! Out of the corner of my eye I see that the cop is starting to make a U-turn and pursue. Now this is where it gets interesting......The thoughts that run through your head in mere seconds and the adrenaline that starts to fill your veins is unreal.

What did I do you ask?

I pulled over, turned off my bike and had my wallet out before he even put his lights on.
What did I get for this noble act? (2) tickets totaling $1100. One for going 102 in a 40 and another for "reckless" driving. I hate Cops.

I look at it this way: I am still alive.

BUT....there is a part of me that wonders IF I could have gotten away and it nags the hell out of me. Especially since I pulled over BEFORE he even turned on the Red and Blues. I know that it is a gamble. Yes, Theoretically, to my advantage: 1) mMy bike would have smoked his POS crown vic. Easy. I had a 1/4 mile on him before he got to 60MPH. 2) My license tag is tucked so far behind my rear tire rendering it unnoticable. 3) I was 7 miles from my house and I know the roads quite well. 4) Almost Zero cars on the road. However, to my disadvantage: 1) Deer. Yes, I mean Bambi. Those things are like the plague where I live...everywhere. 2) Darkness: over-riding your headlight is like driving blinded. Imagine hitting a deer at 100MPH because it came up on you so fast that you did not have time to react?
3) Inexperience. I've had my bike for 2 years, but only put 4000miles on it. This is also my first bike. 4) Other Cops: Radio is faster than Suzuki.

Any thoughts???
What would you have done?
Was the fine just or unjust?
What is the best course of action to take in preparation for court? Sell Bike? Get a Lawyer?

Now for all of you that think I am a young hooligan - check this: I am 30 yrs. old and I have not had a moving violation in 5 years

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3968
POS Crown Vic...haha. The crown vics are some of the best built Fords at the moment.

Anyway, that is crap that he gave you a grand's worth of tickets for actually doing the right thing. I think the dude could have at least lowered the ticket's price...that's outrageous. It's cool that you didn't run, the consequences are always unpredicatable when that type of thing happens.

Post Number: 3
DARREN.. that really sucks i hate them too.., I was going to play poker one night at 930 pm and i decided to take a back road and i just took off and got up to like 80-95 in a 30 and about 30 yards back i saw the cop light.. yea i was scared as sh*t.. i knew if i got caught i would be in a huge huge mess.. soo i just took off, dont know how fast i was going, got to my friends neighborhood went to his house and got away...dang i was soo glad i got away i won't be going far over the speed limit for awhile!!that was ga* what he did to u though.. im sure he knew u coulda got away..that is redic.!!!

Username: Lpsoldier1127

ok just to clarify for our friend mike jones. unless you're using a IP address tool that randomizes it then they know exactly where the computer you are using is. on top of that even if you're using a public computer, they have the general location of where you may live. that and your name is quite blatantly right here so yea your name is as generic as john smith but unless every mike jones has a camaro, then you're kinda screwed. and falsify your identity is now a felony under the patriot act, which i happen to know cuz i work in a pharmacy. and everything you have submitted here can be used as your own testimony if they choose to use it. honestly i love going fast and the whole bit. i'm even currently developing plans to go to japan to try and import a, if not 2 but that'd be really pushing my luck, nissan skyline r34 gt-r v-spec ii nur. but in any case, i agree take it to the track. i've been pulled over twice now and the first time, i had the biggest, erm.. jerk..., in the world. i was going 60 in a 40 on my way home, and the street i had to turn on is on the bottom of a decent hill. i was at the top when the lights went on, and i figured i'd just make the turn cuz people speed on that street all the time. on top of that the street turns up to 45 after the intersection. so i proceed with a reduced speed of 30, make the turn and begin to stop when he comes flying past me and cornering me in. he gets out of the car and starts yelling at me like "what the f--- are you doing? why were you running? are you under the influence of something?" so i calmly responded that i wasn't trying to run but turning to avoid a heavy traffic area and that i wasn't under the influence of anything and so on and so forth. he kept going with the running thing when i feel something slam into my car. some chick had backed up from in front of me and told the officer she saw the lights but couldn't see out her back window so she backed up. no damage done to my car, but she had a huge chunk of paint off her bumper. in the end he lets her off, gives me 3 tickets. 2 for speeding in 2 intersections (one was dropped cuz that's total cr-ap and 1 for failing to yield to ems vehicle. i think i would've gotten that last one off to but i was 5 minutes late to my court appearance due to insane traffic, i know retarded on my part. so yea, i turned one corner at 30mph, went less that 100ft and i got all that. don't piss them off cuz they have sway with the DA and not you. (note: he did later apologize about him being a jerk cuz he said he had some other kid earlier that week that was all doped up doing stupid stuff [too bad he didn't throw out any of the tickets...]) my second one i tried to run, another stupid idea, but i did that pull into a different neighborhood bit after going 50 in a 35. but yea i yielded in the neighborhood cuz i wasn't looking for a full blown pursuit. got off with a $75 ticket. really speeding that much isn't worth it. i hate little brats that let mommy and daddy pay off their mistakes. i payed for all my tickets, and my lawyer. i admit to speed 5 over frequently, but usually not more. but seriously, depending on the cop and how bad he wants you, you won't get away forever.

Darren. i feel for you man. my first cop wasn't that much better. i do have to say i being polite usually helps, but to get $1100 in fines is kinda excessive. i wouldn't let that running thing get to you. very tempting it is, but fight the dark side, you must. (bad yoda impersonation)

the only way that is not been disproven so far to get out of messes like that that i know of is to have been in the military. my neighbor is in the army reserve and he got off with a warning after flashing his dogtags. not proven to work 100% of the time by any means, but i also haven't been in too many situations like that. on a funny note, my dad once told a cop he had a really bad case of the runs, if you get my drift, and was just trying to find a gas station. cop let him off with a warning.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 103
lol mike jones is a raper im sure its not his real name

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
hey, i've been away from this forum for quite some time.

I have a few remarks.

Darren, that absolutely blows. But I agree with your decision to pull over. It is really tempting to run, but you have no protection on a bike. At least in a car you are a bit safer. $1100 in fines is ridiculous.

Dennis: So having a screen name that is not your real name is a felony? Looks like millions of people on AIM will be charged. Plus I have never ever heard of someone getting a ticket or in trouble for online posts in a forum, because the authenticity is so unclear.

Bronze Member
Username: King33

Post Number: 20
Dont sweat it Darren. You did the right thing but you dont always get rewarded for it. Like you said, at least your alive. And just think, it could heve been worse, you could have killed some little girl or something and lived to regret it the rest of your life.

Username: Mario737373

you guys have probably seen this, but check this out. imagine this in your rear view.

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2004/cars/lamborghini/05/police_gallardo.html

http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/sports_cars/0503_lamborghi ni_gallardo_police_car

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 104
with my busa, i ran from quite a few officers and never was caught. i used to be a dumbass though, and ultimately i wrecked my car in a multi rollover accident at 95mph.

Username: Kzee

It's too bad it's not like the older days where you can find a nice, secluded place with your friends and have little drag races out in the country, and the cops would actually leave you alone to have a little fun.

Nowaydays, there's nowhere you can exploit your tuner, muscle or exotic car. Restrictions are only tightening.

Username: Demexii

You have to know your limits and be smart. You're not going to be running in broad daylight on a major highway. They will be able to keep their eyes on you for miles and radio help. I would never try speeding outrageously on a straight run. You are just asking for trouble.

However, I go 100+ at night on the way home to see my girlfriend on the weekends (I go to college a bit aways). But I turn off my underglow and down my bass and since my car is all black they won't be able to pick out features. As well, since I'm going so fast they would have trouble catching up since they are at a dead stop. I can tell if I am approaching a cop car and know to slow down and no cop will catch up from behind so the only time they will get me is at a stop or coming on at a ramp. And since Im at full speed and they need to accelerate they have no chance to catch up in time without me knowing. Turn of the lights and my car is so tough to see. Get off at an exit and stop in a store to buy a drink and back on the road. They wouldn't know it is me because it is so difficult to tell cars at night.

Even if they try they probably won't catch up. They top out at 130. If you are going over 100 that means they probably would need to top out their car to make any sort of noticeable gain on you. If you go even a bit faster they will be left in the dust.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10608
You my friend are an idiot. Point blank and on the plate. You may know your limits on a track but you're talking highway driving and that road isn't designed for those speeds. You will die someday. I don't care how sooner it gets you to you're girl. Period.

Username: Ticketmaster111

Well I sat hear and read this whole thing haha, theres some good points in here. some things that weren't mentioned: when you go over hills slow down, when you think you see a cop don't slam on the brakes its suspicious just ease into it and slow to the appropriate speed limit, by the time your on the cop don't bother slamming on the brakes its to late he's already clocked your speed, if cars around you are speeding stay behind them and speed chances are you want get pulled over because they'll step on the brakes and that gives you more time to react because the cop has to clock both of you and chances are you wont be speeding by the time he gets to you, get to know the roads really well see when the cops shift changes are because they are in a hurry to get home and don't wanna give tickets, when you know the roads you learn where the cops favorite places to hide are and where the most cops are located, if you notice a speed trap and your in an office or something of that sort put up a sign because the cop cannot get mad because unmarked speed traps are illegal but be careful because they can make excuses so watch that because it could get you a ticket, and if you happen to get a ticket most of the time the officer wont show up to the court date and you will get off, also my favorite go down to the court and fight your case and ask for obsurred things like a tv, white board, etc. and say its for your case so they have to go get all of that most of the time you'll get off, but if they do give you all of the stuff you request just pay the ticket atleast you got a good laugh. Hope it helps atleast one person.

Bronze Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Post Number: 89
Wow.
Started in 2005.
Here it is 2008, I sat down in the library at my University and read this entire thing. Avtually skipped class too (but not for the purpose of reading this).
So many interesting things.
So many things I want to say.
I have a radar; it helps a lot. It doesn't always save me though. And a question about those, are they actually illegal to have in your car? I have heard so many people say that it is illegal...but hell, wal-mart sells them.
Being in the military is also a good way to get out of stuff. One of my friends was returning to his base in VA going about 95 in a 65 in a cavalier z24. Officer say his dog tags hanging from his mirror, ask what branch he was in also. My friend said he was returning back to base and was running a little late, so the officer just gave him a warning.
I have only been pulled over once, I was doing 49 in a 25 (recreational area). Yeah, I was holding the clutch in and let it roll down the hill. Not thinking anything of it, cop saw me...Hell, he drove through the grass and across a vollyball court (no one at it of course) just to pull me over. He gave me a ticket stating that I was doing 49 in a 25. And in Ky, 26+ over speed limit can get your license revoked. Im pretty sure I was over it and he was being nice since I was only 18. But anyway, that same day I went to the court hosue and they dropped it to improper equipment. Court fees and traffic school...that was it. The original fine would have been ($5 times every mile you were over) $120, plus court fees...about $250. And points on my license.
And around here, in this small town with less than 2000 people in city limits, we have crown vic's (marked and unmarked), durango, Impala Sherriff car, and even an unmarked mid-90s dodge interceptor, unmarked altima (I think thats what it was) and a charger r/t's. No helio though.
And back in the town where my dad lives, they have less than 750 people in city limits, they have a charger r/t and also a jeep. I found that kinda odd.
Also in Ky, I know I have seen vette's around Louisville and Lexington, along with a 350Z.

Come on now.
I know someone wants to rant about what I said.
Come on.

Username: King52

Yarmouth, Nova-scotia Canada

Mike jhones what did you do to your camrao in all ?

Bronze Member
Username: Typejl

Hopkinton, Iowa United states

Post Number: 21
hahaha
i was reading here
well me and my friend got pulled over in his mazdaspeed pretege doin 120 somethin.im not effin lying. someone said thats a felony is that true

Username: Power9688

SagHarbor, New York USA

HAHAHA U GUYS ARE DUMB My BMW does 220 and cop car mottors exploded at 163.... um dont try this at home kids but even if you did get pulled over it was worth the thrill cuz u can beat it in court with a good lawyer.... and most cops dont have better than like 285 hp unless there a tropper with 350.... either way i have 7500 in a 2800lbs car so haaa

Username: Katman

I cannot believe the time and response to this thread.. I was just passing by and had to join just to comment.

The comment about not messing with a crown vic? I saw one killed by a 4 cyl. volvo on discover channel on mean machines. Let me tell ya.. not so mean.

I have raced and slid crown vics for yrs on movie sets and I can tell you the brakes STINK. fADE is their middle name. NOt that your on the brakes much at highway speeds.

When I saw an Ontario provincial cop coming at me on a lonely road while I was speeding he indicated he desired I pull over which I did ( I was on an 1100 suzuki katana back in 1982) It took him some time to turn around and get back to me.

He asked for my pilots license as he clocked me at 240km in a 60km zone. Now, now, I am not proud of that. it was a two lane highway just outside a one store town. Nothin but corn as far as you could see.

He really liked my bike, gave me a 120.00 ticket after dropping the speed down 130km.

I have never met a cop who has been a problem unless I have prevoked it.

I still have that bike today and also a magnum srt capable of 180mph. I don't drive like that anymore so don't anyone get on my case now.

We all have out running the cops stories it happens every day. In Toronto where I grew up (yes I did grow up) it was happening every month with diff malcontents I knew.

It just isn't worth it. You don't have gps in your car do ya?

they can't get ya 3 days later unless they can prove you were driving.

and remember you are risking the officers life too not just your own. If he/she blows a tire and is killed during the pursuit.. I beleive that is murder when in the commission of a felony. Try to out run that.

All I can say bubba is... when you die..and you will with that attitude.. I hope you'r alone.

There, I feel much better.

Username: Ttdude

Wow this is a long thread, I used to street race when I first got my license, I had a mini cooper s M/T and it did 135mph I had out run a few cops due to my advantage in braking and handling. One night on the main road in town where everyone street raced, i pulled up to a new red bmw 330i and saw that it was a younger dude driving, maybe in his 20's anyway I raced him off the line and won, to my supise since i should have lost. I kept going all the way to 112 mph as he was still right behind me, I went under a bridge on the highway when a relized i just passed a cop taking radar. he flipped on his lights and pulled out after both of us. I continued all the way up to 130+ mph turned off my lights and took an exit ramp with the bmw not far behind me, I didnt slow down quick enough to turn onto the road i was getting off on and ended up hitting the median dividing the highway at 115mph When I landed on the other side I continued down the wrong side of the devided highway and pulled into a subdivison and turned off my car the bmw parked down the street from me since he saw where i went, 3 min later the cop showed up. Turned out the guy in the bmw was under cover and radioed to the police officer in the crown vic where i was. the cop gave me two tickets totaling $550 and he had a flat tire from going too fast, I dont know why there probably not speed rated LOL. any way I helped him fix it and that was it. i was left stranded there with 4 flat tires 4 majorly bent rims and every suspension part in the car was f&#@ed. I was suprised i didnt go to jail for running. I lost my license since the points from the tickets were more than 12, the maximum allowed, my parents sold the car and i was screwed for 6 months. Now 2 years later I was diving on a two lane highway at night, and at the stop light i took off in my honda prelude and got up to 123 the max speed it would go. i slowed down to 80 since the speed limit was 55 and there was a few cars way ahead of me. so i slowed down even more, all the sudden car lights flipped on behind me and lights came on. I dont know where the f@#k this cop came from. I pulled over at the time i was going 60 since the cars were in front of me. He came up to my window and said give me your license, he went back to his car and then after 5 min came back and explained the 3 tickets i could get for what i just did totaling $800 dollars and a suspended license. he said that he was my age once and had a bike and did stupid things and understood i was just trying to have a little fun, but that you never know when there is a cop around, i was like no sh#t. He let me off with a warning and followed me all the way home about 14 miles. believe it or not i still didn't learn from these two lessons, I still get the urge to have fun once and a while, and now having a very fast Audi TT turbo with 285 hp capable of speed of 165mph I need to get my a#$ on the track and not do Sh%t on the roads. Its really tough since I am a car freak and love driving, I never run from the cops any more, not after what happened in the Mini. Dude ie mike jones I am no different than you in that we both do stupid sh%t once in a while, but I don't run from the police. If i am caught doing something, they are always more forgiving if you pull over than if you get caught running, unless you mess up you car, then they figure thats enough of a punishment to go through so they don't throw the books at you. Just be careful. And one more thing I have been in many cars over 150mph and german cars hold there ground much better than most american muscle that is why the autobahn is 120 kmh minimum. If america had stricter rules regarding performance and handling all the way down to better driving school and license policies maybe then we could do 100 on the highway but for now I guess you just have to visit florida, dam they drive fast down there, the speed limit is 75 and i was passed by a cop and 10 other drivers going 95/100 they don't care. LOL

Username: Drivingforce

Crown Victorias (Police Interceptors) are limited to about 130MPH but can be programmed to remove this limit. This depends on your local police force. The police also have special marked and unmarked cars that are designed for higher speeds and handling. The newer Dodge Charger police cars are limited to about 155MPH.

The older police cars are fine with straight line performance but will lose out in quick turns, braking and acceleration. I do not know about the performance abilities of the new Charger. I personally have been chased down by a new Charger and was not impressed by the cop's 0-69+ speed. I assume this is because of the driver, not the car.

I drive BMWs. I know there are better and worse cars and comparable sports cars out there. The performance, acceleration, braking, and control in these cars are of very high quality. I have gone over 150MPH without feeling like I'm going to lose control. I know for a fact that even the tuned, high speed police cars could not accelerate, corner, or brake as fast as an M3.

Unfortunately, not many have the chance to drive a high performance car that come with all these "fancy new features" standard for the past 10+ years. High quality tires, brakes, suspension, anti-roll/sway bars, near 50/50 balance, traction and stability control, and high performance engines make a world of difference in driver confidence and vehicle control. I feel extremely confident that I can drive 150+ MPH on a good road on a clear day without a problem. HOWEVER, I am forced to slow down because I am NOT confident of the other idiots on the road. I have saved myself and many others from accidents just by always expecting other drivers to make mistakes. You will probably never see me driving that fast on a public road because if I was, there'd be no one else around to see it.

Never drive aggressively on unfamiliar roads or beyond the vehicle's or your own capabilities.

Finally, even if you could do something like outrun/hide from the police, the risk is not worth it. If you get caught speeding and cooperate, chances are you won't get in as much trouble as running and getting caught. Police will chase you down and are quick to mobilize and coordinate if they can't catch you. Radio communication, helicopter, road blocks, and a higher # of police with probably more resources than you really raises your chance of not getting away. You might get lucky some times, but is it worth the risk to get caught that 1 time?

Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 6
bump this is a cool thread. 05-08

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17087
So much has changed since 2005.

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 29
yeah a lot has changed butt ppl still get pulled over all the time, so not to much has changed in the way of trying to stay ahead of the cops

Username: 1985chevy350

Hey DARREN, yeah cops arent that bad as long as your polite and dont smart off. I had my truck for 2 weeks and my lisence for 2 weeks. I was racing my friend over the bridge. At the other end of the bridge was a cop doing radar, which i didnt notice because it was night and his lights were on towards me so i couldnt tell. Well at the last second i found out it was a cop so i slowed down and went past. Looked into my rearview mirror and he was pulling out of the gas station he was parked at. The friend i was racing was right on my bumper to keep the cop from getting in between us. Well what a great idea that was , not. The cop just used signals to tell my friend to slow down and let him in. Well i turned off and shut the truck down, but my friend kept going( lucky him he got away scotch free). Well he said he clocked me at 70 in a 35 zone and it was past curfue. Well he said that i better not do it again and to leave the bowling alley a little earlier so i can get home on time. He gave me a warning and followed me home and talked to my parents about it. He said he could have took my liscence right on the spot but he said i was very polite.

another time was during the day and i was turning the corner really fast going about 45 down on one of the busy streets in my town. Well coming the other way amongst the traffic was a cop, Officer Hernandez. I knew i was going to be pulled over so i turned and shut the truck down. He came up and being i had a friend with me, he made me go sit in his car. He said "well i can see you have kinda a lead foot here son." Im going to have to give ya a ticket." I said ok. He said to keep it down and cops wont even look at you. Keep it under 5 over he said. He gave me the cheapest ticket there is. and he said instead of writing me up for 15 over the speed limit he would put 5 over instead so the ticket wasnt expensive. The ticket was $63.19.

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 40
yeah being nice to the cops is a good idea and if your buddies with the cops that helps to, sign up to go on some ride along's with the cops who are in your area nearly every time I do that we pull over maybe 2 to 5 cars till we see another cop then we just go find a spot to park and BS the rest of the night with who ever is in the other cruisers

Bronze Member
Username: Faroutdesign

St.ptersburg, Florida Usa

Post Number: 20
i have a 99 crown vic p71 ive had it up to 140 on the high way. police have radar systems which calculate there speed against yours so they dont need to be stopped to gun you. by the way if you ever see a car with for black boxes on it they have cheacked your plate and speed before you saw them.

Username: Greenasp

my patrol car kicks off at 130 and will not feed the engine until it drops to 120.

Username: Dethscythe219

Post Number: 2
Alright, for all you idiots who think you can outrun the cops: get some sense. Me and my girl have some pretty fast cars, and we were drag racing down one of the straightaways in my city, going 160-180mph. Then a police charger pulled up on us quicker than sh*t. Don't think you can "outrun" the cops. Yes, the chargers are "supposed" to top out @ 150mph. Doesn't mean they do. This is a great example of shut the f*** up and just be smart about what you're doing. And no, we didn't get in trouble -- he just wanted to see what was under the hood. ;)

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 894
haha, this fu*kin guy...i got a few decent laughs from this old thread...

americas youth...one nation in good hands A true classic

quote by Mike Jones Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 02:55 pm:------well around where I live they have no helicopters, i have never seen a spike strip, and as i said before, when ever i drive on the highway i'm never more than 10 exits from my own exit. and plus i'm talking about running at night so i have the advantage of darkness. I also put a clear coat paint or something like that (IDK what it is exactly called) to get rid of the reflectiveness of license plates.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14215
all they need to do is run your plates once, genius

lol my thoughts exactly

Username: Karpfenwilli

Hi buddy's,

If you want to drive very hard like 200 mph, come to Germany.
If you want to smoke weed all day come to the Netherlands.
Or if you want get killed, then drive 100+ mph in the US with a bag of weed on your side
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us