Subs turning on/off

Username: Synkor

Post Number: 1
I have 1 12" 600 watt sub (Visonik) hooked up to a Mark Antony (600 Cl4).. Im not sure of the specs on the amp becuase there not in production anymore. I have the sub mono bridged... this set up has worked fine for over a year no problems... But recently this summer my sub seems to quit bumpin then start up again at random points... ive checked all the wiring and everything is securely fastened.. i even cleaned my battery terminals incase it was a bad connection...the ground wire from the amp is also securely fastened to a metal part of my trunk...the thing that i found ironic is that its worked this long with no problems and now im having this one... ive not changed anything electrical in my car... My guesses are 1.)Its very hot in my trunk and maybe the amp is overheating and shutting off 2.) Something is wrong with my amp(internally) 3.) My alternator or battery is weaker from age and my amp is not able to pull all the power in needs constantly so its skippin on/off... If anyone has any suggestions/solutions i would greatly appreciate them.... Its embarassing to have a sub turn on and off all the time lol.... it buggin the he11 out of me

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9152
is the sub single coil, 4 ohms? or is it DVC?

Post Number: 2
Yes its sungle coil 4 ohms...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9159
then most likely it's either the gain being set too high or a lack of current, if your connections are all secure and good.

Post Number: 3
alright ill try to set the gain down on them... and tell you my results...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us