Background Noise

Username: Timchevy10

NE USA

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with background noise when i first turn on my head unit, turning on dome light, and also when i switch a track. I have the RCA's separate from the power cable so what could be the problem?

Username: Charliegone

Post Number: 7
What kind of noise is it? Does it sound like the engine? If it is, it is your wiring or that your ground isn't placed well. Remember you have to sand off the area where you ground it.

Username: Timchevy10

NE USA

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your help Carlos, but I just figured out the problem. I think the amp i was using was a pile. I bought it off ebay for 100 bucks hoping it would work. Its a kenwood 20hm/4 ohm stable built in crossover 600 total watts. Anyways, the subs wouldnt hit very hard at all and you could hear music in the subs not just bass. I know that aint good so i hooked them up to a small pioneer amp I had. Only like 200 watts. They pounded 3-4 times harder than with the kenwood 600w. So now i know it was just a POS.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1641
problem is a ground loop.
bad ground at teh amp(s) or head unit.

Username: Charliegone

Post Number: 8
Yup hes right probably a the ground, you said you had kenwood amp that was 600watts? Is it the kac-729s, if so I have that same and have no problems with. I made sure the ground was put on correctly and the other wires were also correctly installed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us