Isaac and Jonathan / System Installation Complete

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1949
Hey guys i just wanted to thank you for all your help over the months on products to get for my new install. I went ahead and installed the following.

Image Dynamics CXS62 Chamoleon set

PPI a300.2

2 JL 12w6v2s in prowedge box

CrossFire VR1000D

1 Farad RF Capacitor

KnuKonceptz 1/0 amp installtion kit

KnuKonceptz top RCA's

I had the componants custom installed by a shop by my house. I will add pictures tonight of the install.

My HU is the Eclipse CD8454 and ive been playing around with it on easy mode and pro mode.

Pro mode gives me more options as far as crossovers for each driver etc...

Can you help me EQ my highs mids and lows..

Pictures for my install will be added soon

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3860
MO does your HU have built in parametric equalizer? I know some do.
It'll help you maximize SQ. Rent RTA to analyze your cabin first.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1950
Yeah my headunit has a PEQ feature in promode which is the parametric eq. Its designed for 3 way systems with subs or 4 speakers and subs from what ive read. Im new to Eclipse CD8454 so i need some help EQing this. I have it set in pro mode now. I have the crossover for the low pass filter at 80hz with a 12db slope. I have the high pass filter set at i think 100 or 125 with a 12db slope. Not really good at this stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4398
"I have the crossover for the low pass filter at 80hz with a 12db slope. I have the high pass filter set at i think 100 or 125 with a 12db slope. Not really good at this stuff."

That's a good start.

As far as the PEQ function, you connect the microphone to the AUX jack lead from the head unit, and you go into PEQ mode. Hold the display button in for a couple of seconds and you'll hear white noise. Make sure your car is parked, in a quiet environment (no cars passing with horns honking, etc.), and then do the test. Set your time alignment, crossovers prior to doing this. Place the microphone where you will sit at (or just clip it to your hat, shirt, etc., it's not really that loud). Once it finishes, it'll show the curve, and you can keep adjusting and rerunning the noise (same method, display button) to see how your adjustments did. This isn't the most accurate out there, but it's a big step from what it was before. Just a note, if you turn the head unit off and have been in Pro mode, then start it up again, for some reason the Auto-EQ won't read (it will display Vol up, or Vol down). If you go back to easy mode, and then back to pro mode and try again, it works just fine. Just a quirk I ran across a while back, might not be the case in yours.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1951
Thanks, im gonna go out and try it now. I have the sub amp gain set at half right now. I dont have a dmm or anything to measure it. It puts out 1000 watts and the 12w6v2's can handle 500 each. Is half way a good gain setting since my hu voltage is 8 volts ? thanks

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1954
Here are the install pictures i took today.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1956
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1957
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1958
Upload

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4403
"Is half way a good gain setting since my hu voltage is 8 volts ?"

It will likely be closer to 1/4 if not less. Depends on the amp used.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4404
Nice install, BTW.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1959
I couldnt find a place to plug in the microphone for the auto eq and if its behind the unit then i wont worry about it. So far it sounds very good. What does the SVC option do ?

This componant set is very powerfull and can keep up with the subs and provides excellant midbass and the tweeter is very strong.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4406
"I couldnt find a place to plug in the microphone for the auto eq and if its behind the unit then i wont worry about it. So far it sounds very good. What does the SVC option do ?"

Yeah, it's behind the head unit. SVC is source volume control, you can set different sources (CD, Mem stick, etc) to have a certain level so there aren't radical changes in volume level when you swap to FM or whatever. Waste of time, IMO.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1960
Yeah i have the SVC set at 0. Yeah i like the install also. Thanks

What volume do you or did you listen to your music for daily driving with your eclipse cd 8454 and what was your sublevel set at.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1961
I just went out to my car and went to the sound menu under time alignment and it said 0dbs and then like from like 0-somthing for the other option next to db. Have no idea how the subwoofer can be controlled from the time alignment.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3861
MO, I think the PPI is 4v max. Nice install. Have you thought of getting/making a rack for the amps and moving it away from the floor?
It'll also help hide the amps from wandering eyes.

I have great news, I just switched my car insurance and saved a whole bunch.
Just kidding. I'm picking up EQT 30 band 1/3 octive equalizer tomorrow for my car. Had to beat out some deadbeats for $202. It was going for $93 till the last minute. If it weren't for those b*tards, I could've saved some money.

Username: Kaos13

USA

Post Number: 6
lol Mo clean your carpet dont be lazy. That is a very good install what kind of speakers you have for your doors they look pretty big.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4408
"I just went out to my car and went to the sound menu under time alignment and it said 0dbs and then like from like 0-somthing for the other option next to db. Have no idea how the subwoofer can be controlled from the time alignment."

You can set the level from 0dbs to -30dbs, using the arrows on the far right of the head unit. The other numbers indicate the time delay, in milliseconds. Not really necessary with a subwoofer.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1963
Clint from Alabama... they are image dynamics CXS62 Chamoleon componants. They are the best componants iv ever heard and yes they are monsters and are 7" or so. Very strong midbass and very clear and loud silk dome tweeter.

Isaac... I was referring to the CrossFire sub amp that i have. I have the gain set to halfway mark and it sounds fine there for now. I am pleased with the install overall and decided to mount the amps on the floor because i can still fold those cargo seats down over the amps and remove the sub box along with it on any long trips with alot of people in my car.

Only thing left is to find a speaker grill for my componants on the door. Anybody know of any places to find a fitting speaker grill?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1964
Clint from Alabama... they are image dynamics CXS62 Chamoleon componants. They are the best componants iv ever heard and yes they are monsters and are 7" or so. Very strong midbass and very clear and loud silk dome tweeter.

Isaac... I was referring to the CrossFire sub amp that i have. I have the gain set to halfway mark and it sounds fine there for now. With my car off im getting 13.0 volts and with the car on and playing im always at around 13.9-14.1 and i am upgrading to a 180 HO alternator by ExcessiveAudio in a few weeks. I am pleased with the install overall and decided to mount the amps on the floor because i can still fold those cargo seats down over the amps and remove the sub box along with it on any long trips with alot of people in my car.

Only thing left is to find a speaker grill for my componants on the door. Anybody know of any places to find a fitting speaker grill?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3862
eBay has lot of grills on sale. You can also try any car audio shops, they too have plenty.
If they charge too much, you can always buy a couple of cheap speakers that come with the grill and use them.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1967
Thanks isaac, i will look for some that fits my ID Chamoleons.

Bronze Member
Username: Bananakrill

Benicia, California

Post Number: 98
Sweet, MO.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 622
nice mo looks very clean.. agree with isaac though about the amp racks

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1968
Thanks, i think im gonna lower my gain setting on my crossfire sub amp. Its at half way now but i think it should be lower. I have my subs at a 18d slope @80hz and it sounds very tight and clean with the basslines this way. The headunit is 8v preouts and judging by that i think im gonna lower the gain from half way to 1/4 up on the sub amp. Im sure itll sound even cleaner that way.

Also..I tested my electrical system last night by parking by a wall and had my system up and i had no signs of dimming lights at all. My voltage read 13.8 on the digital dist block the whole time with slight .1 drops once in a while. I have optima yellowtop under the hood and that 1 farad cap. Im pleased at how my stock electrical system is working. I already have a 180A HO alternator on the way from excessiveamperage and i dont even see any signs that i need one.. Lol Oh well better for future upgrades i guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us