JL 500/1

Bronze Member
Username: Thebus03

Post Number: 12
Is this amp any good? Will it power a Solobaric L7 12" sub? Sub has 750RMS at 2 Ohms. Does it compare to the rockford fosgate T10001bd or the Kicker 1200.1?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 729
that amp is very good but it doesnt compare to the Kicker or RF those amps have way more power than that JL..a compareble JL amp to those is the 1000/1 but i wouldnt use that amp with those subs
1. its not powerful enough
2. why would you use such a high quality amp on those unreliable shitty sounding L7s?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 728
You'd probably get about 600w RMS out of that amp. It would power it okay, but I would look at a different sub.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 776
i mean you could power it ok but you shouldnt use that high of a quzlity amp on that shitty sub its disrespectful to the amp

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 136
Yes, you really would be more happy with a more powerful amp. Dont get me wrong the 500/1 is a great amp. I cant say enough good things about it, but you really should over power the subs a little as to make sure the amp never clips.

If you haven't bought the sub yet though there are much better matches as far as subs and amps go for about the same price.
If you got a pair of Infinity kappa perfect 12.1's for I believe less than the L7, then you could get a jl 300/2. That would be a much more reliable system.

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 137
Im an idiot, i said pair but that amp would only be good for one of those subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us