Quick Question

Anonymous

I Have 2 RE SX (1000 rms 2000 max duel voice coil 2ohms) and I dont have a lot to spend on a great amp. I was wondering to get 2 amps (1 for each sup) or something else open to suggestions $400 budget

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 708
man i hope its $400 per amp because thats a tight @$$ budget if its not..the cheapest thing i can think of for that voice coil configuration is 2 eD.9 amps (1200rms @1ohm) for $350 plus shipping or 2 Kicker KX 1200.1 (1200rms @ 1ohm) and those are about $400 each shipped off ebay...sorry if im a dissapoinment but amps dont come cheap if you want somethings thats actually any good

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3854
Why would you buy cheap amps to power RE subs? That's like purchasing expensive 17" Z rated super sticky tires and putting it on a rusted Ford Bronco 4x4 truck and going off roading.
Makes no sense.
Match the products. Good subs with amps. If all you want is cheap amps, then get cheap Sony subs.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 711
haha nice comparison but both of the amps i suggested arent bad their pretty good..unless you was referring to his rediculous budget then yes i agree with you

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 523
When I called RE...I asked about the SX subs...he said that the sound quality isn't the greatest even though it says daily driver on the website...but rather designed more for daily driving loudness...this came straight from one of their people...so choosing an average amp wouldn't be a bad fit...no need to go out and spend $700-$800+ on a good amp...if you want something pretty good though that puts out some power though ...I'd look to find something used on ebay...used things are usually hit or miss...might be a dud every now and then but most of the stuff works great and for a great price...juss gotta make sure you test it out as soon as you get it in case their are any problems.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9130
two hifonics brutus 1500d amps
about $200 each
they put out around 1Kw RMS at 1 ohm, realistically.

not the best amps in the world, but they put out the power you want in your (very low) price range

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3855
That's $400 you will regret later in the future.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us