Amp(s) for CDT euros and edesign 12o woofer

Username: Tomhanaway

Post Number: 1
Ok here goes.
I'm working on a '04 vette convertible.
Already have:
Alpine 7897 head unit.
Custom sealed subbox w/1.2cf gross airspace.
Ordering elemental designs e12a or o for woofer.
Have great price on CDT euros (braxial-handle 150rms each).
Will be adding minor fill with cdt CL 51's (rear fill) and also additional cdt tweeters in A-pillars at windshield.
Listen to blues, rock, a little techno.
No interest in playing way loud nor any contests. Want quality rather than quantity.
Choices:
1. keep it simple with a JL audio 500/5 and use HU as a pure preamp?
2. JL audio 500/1 for sub, 300/2 for front speakers, and use rear speaker output of HU (18rms)for fill speakers?
3. Go high end with Zapco??. If so, which ones??
4. Some completely other alternative as to amps??

I'd appreciate any thoughts or comments. I'd love it if I could keep it simple (jl audio 500/5) but don't know if thats enough power. Money of course is always an issue but my kids are grown so I'm open to any suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Tom Hanaway
Boynton Beach, FLorida

Username: Wk1775

Post Number: 6
The 500/5 isn't enough for an eD 12o, but if you really want to keep it simple you could get an eD12k and the 500/5. Since you are not looking to play loud, that is the path I would recommend. eD isn't selling the a's anymore right now, they are redesigning them. If you want the 12o, I would use the 500/1 for the sub and either a 300/4 or 450/4 for the comps. If you just hook up the amp to the fronts, and use the HU for the rears, the rears will be drowned out by the rest of the speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us