My amp has no output but powers on

Username: C58rider

Glendora, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
I have a Denon 6-ch amp which worked great, but now has no sound. I had the Rear (only set) low level outs from my HU going to the amp which powered my 12 inch tube. I had recently installed a $3.50 line output converter to the front channels then ran rca's from that to the amp so now I had the front speakers and the sub amped. After some adjustment I had the system sounding nice (as could get w/o the rear speakers on the amp too) and was working great for about a week, then at higher volumes it would start to cut out, the amp clicked into protection, figuring it was clipping I lowered the volume, came back on, then minute or so cut out again, kept lowering the volume, worked for 30 sec, lowered vol, 10 sec, so on.. a couple days of that, now the amp just doesn't output any sound. LED light is on, disassembled the amp and checked the P. Supply, works 24.5V, not sure what/how to test next, confused, and stuck. Can anybody PLEASE help me out. I have a bit more than basic knowlege of electronics, but confused, as I mentioned, as well as novice. Thanks in advance.

-Chris
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us