I REALLY NEED HELP!!

helpless
Unregistered guest
I need help with my amp!!
To begin, I know nothing about systems, yet I had this bright idea to get one installed in my new car. Anyways, I went to a place that I was referred to by a friend- but I still feel like they are taking advantage of me- since I know absolutely nothing. So this is what I have in my car right now- there are 2 diamond audio 10" woofers- I think, they are the CM310D4's which have a 500 watt RMS range (I think but I dont really know what I'm talking about). They are powered by an A490 dbdrive amp, and after I listen to rap music for about 30 min the woofers stop playing completely. So I figure the amp is overheating, but I touch the amp and it's not even hot!! What's going on? Can anyone help me- I don't know if the amp and subs are a good combination, for some reason I feel like the amp is not powerful enough, but I really don't know anything... Do I need a better amp, or not neccessarily better, but one that will power my subs better? ANY advice will help.

Bronze Member
Username: Thespotlight

Amarillo, TX USA

Post Number: 46
The gain or bass boost of the amp is probably turned up too high. I would start there and see if it sounds better and stops the clipping.

helpless
Unregistered guest
sorry, it is actually the A600 dbdrive amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us