NEED SERIOUS HELP

Anonymous

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME. I JUST RECEIVED Two 12" CompVR (DCVR12), AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT AMPLIFIER TO USE WITH THESE SUBS. I WANT SOMETHING TO GIVE HTEM THE POWER THEY DISERVE. I HAVE ABOUT 300$ TO SPEND. PLEASE HELP ME
THANKS ANDREW

Anonymous

ALSO I WANTED TO KNOW IF THESE SUBS ARE ANY GOOD AND IF THEY WILL HIT HARD AND SOUND RIGHT IN MY 96' CIVIC DX. LET ME KNOW

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
you will need an amp that does 800 watts rms
each of your speakers can handle 400 watts rms

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
please turn off "caps lock"

Bronze Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 56
btw, 800 watts is alot of power to be pulling from a 96 civic's alternator. be sure to check and see if your lights dim, if they do you may need an upgrade. luckily you have the dx, model so you may be ok. just be sure there is no light dimming.

Username: Subaruwrx163

Valley stream, Valley sttream Us

Post Number: 1
you think that an audiobahn 8000t single chanel anmp will be fine to power these subs. I am also goin to be running a pioneer deh8500 flip down. what do you think?

Bronze Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 57
Personally I wouldnt mess with audiobahn amps, but if that what you like, and its in your price range and gives you 800rms. personally I'd use a kicker amp to power those subs. You should be able to find one at a decent price. be sure to be aware of your voice coil set up too, because you probably want to run the amp @ 2ohms, unless you are going to go with a 1 ohm stable amp.

Post Number: 3
waht kind of kicker amp should i be using, and what type of capacator and voltmeter??

Post Number: 4
what is the difference between 2ohm and 4 ohm, and what are ohms all together

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 513
ohms are a resistance...the current sees a resistance and is allowed to output a certain amount of power when it sees a certain amount of resistance

4 ohms is more resistance than 2 ohms...thats why amplifiers put out more power at 2 ohms than 4 ohms...however, the amp gets hotter and generates more heat, and usually a little less sound quality.

Post Number: 5
so waht do u recomend running at 4ohms or 2ohms

Anonymous

how do i wire up my subs to my amp to my radio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us