Kicker 12 l7 Smokes

Username: Djeasy

Post Number: 6
when i power my volume up loud my kicker smokes,its in a ported box powered by a crossfire vr1000d at 500 rms @ 2 ohms,when its rated at 750 rms,any one know whats going on?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 902
you might have wired it to where it lowers the ohms and ur givinmg it 1000 watts...thats my guess

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 508
yea.. i'd get rid of that sh!t and get another one .. while i'm at fixing it.. since that one won't be.. " as good " as it was before it got fvcked up lol.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4380
It's a Kicker L7. Explains all problems to be honest.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8977
that and his gain is probably set too high due to underpowering the sub.. so he's burned up the voice coils by clipping the amplifier.

may be lack of sufficient current too from a weak alternator.

three strikes.. crappy sub, weak amplifier causing gain to be set too high, and lack of current for the amplifier, too.

Post Number: 7
i always thought crossfire amp's where good?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9049
they're fine if you set the gain properly and have a charging system that can supply enough current to drive the amp.
as for the sub.. not so fond of the solobarics

Post Number: 8
yea, i have noticed the amp dosent really hit much harder than my pioneer 300 x 1 amp,so it must not be getting the current it needs,what if i wire subs going to it at 1 ohm 1000 rms at 11.5 v,still need more power to sound louder huh?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us