Kicker/power acoustik opinion.....

Username: Monteknical

Albany, NY US

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am new to these forums. Looks like you guys know wat you're talkin about though. I was wondering what you guys thought about kicker amps?

I need to power 2 12" FUBR Power acoustik (dual voice coil, 4 ohm) subs....the RMS rating is 700W, Max 1800W.

I was thinking about getting a Kicker sx1250 amp..
JBL and rockford amps are a little on the expensive side for me right now

Last thing, any opinions about Power Acoustik amps???

Thank you..

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8969
kicker amplifier good.
power craptastik, not so much.

Albany, NY US

Post Number: 2
What about their subs? I hope they arent crappy too =o/. I bought these last year...

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 27
Just go here and it well tell you whats good, bad, and ugly.

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Albany, NY US

Post Number: 3
Thats a very generalized list (as also stated)...I've heard some of these products up close and personal, and IMO some of them sound great. Maybe thats just me.

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
well if you like it do your not buying a system for everyone else

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 391
haha yea, im with killerzracing, don't buy what everyone else wants you to buy, go around, listen to some stuff and see what you like, after all, it is YOUR car and YOUR system

Albany, NY US

Post Number: 4
Yeah i know, but some products i dont have a chance to listen to because i dont know anyone that has em, or a place that has em. Atleast one thats near me, hence why im asking people to help me with some opinions. Thank you for the replys so far too. They have been helpful =0)

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8999
that list is the old version, but that aside, the list is based on more than how good the products sound.. it's also based on reliability and build quality, as well as performance. That being said, Kicker's Comp and CVR subs are excellent. I'm not a fan of their square L5, L7 and SoloX subs however. Design issues, and high failure rates.

While I agree in the end you do need to make your own decision and I'm not telling you what to buy or not buy.. I'm offering my opinions based on about 15 years of experience as a professional installer, and IASCA competitor, and equal time as an engineer who knows his way around the inside of components enough to tell when a product is built well or not. Comparing a Sony and say, a TRU amplifier side by side, while they may sound pretty much the same at moderate volume if they are swapped back and forth, it's easy to tell which one will last longer and deliver better results at it's limits by design alone if you know what to look at.

just some food for thought.
good luck either way.

Albany, NY US

Post Number: 5
Awesome, Well theres no going back with the power acoustik subs unfortunealy, I already bought them about a year ago, hope they arent too bad. As for the amps I think im going to go with kicker, everyone seems to have good things to say about them. I'm also an engineer, however mechanical/aeronautical, only know enough to get by on the electrical. Thanx GlassWolf.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9016
mech helps a lot in things like speaker design.
at least with an engineering background you know enough to reason your way through a lot of it even without formal education in that particular genre. A lot of it is just having the right type of background to grasp the concepts.

A lot of people seem to like the FUBR subs for something cheap.. Just keep in mind that if you upgrade later, you can do a lot better with a bit more cash. All around, there are much worse subs you could've gotten with what they probably cost ya though so it's not all bad.

Albany, NY US

Post Number: 6
Hey people me again......time to buy my speaker amp....what do you think is better diamond or kicker? From what i heard they are both good. Any opinions?

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 518
From what I hear, Diamond!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us