Hooking woofers to amp help!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 14
o.k. i'm gonna have a co-worker of mine install my system. evidently he does this and home audio on the side and was an electrition in the army so hopefully he'll do it correctly, lol. my problem is i bought a used amp and can't seem to find the exact specs. it is a fosgate power 851 2 channel amp. the woofers are the 12 inch infinity perfect 12.1 d's which have dual 4ohm voice coils. how should these be hooked up and at what ohms. i don't know if that even make sence, lol. i know theres paralel and something else, lol. anyway, any advice is appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 18
I'll assume you have the RF Power 851S. It's rated @ 425w X 2 RMS @ 2 ohms (Not sure if these are honest ratings, though). What are your subs rated at? You can simply use 1 channel per sub and parallel the VCs for the 2 ohm load. Depends on how many watts RMS those subs need.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
350 watts recomende, but i want about 500 watts going to them. i had them before and i know they can take much more than recomeded safely...

thanks........

Nominal Input Power Rating: 350 W
Cone Material: Aluminum (Not Specified)
Cone Style: Cone
Diameter: 12 in
Mounting Depth: 5.25 in
Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm(s)
Sensitivity: 96 dB
Satellite Max Frequency Response: 150 Hz
Satellite Min Frequency Response: 18 Hz
Maximum Input Power Rating: 1400 W

Bronze Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 19
Okay, just tell your buddy to use one channel per sub and wire the VCs in parallel. Of course, he should already know this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
thanks james. i wasn't sure if he should've known givin' he didn't have the specs for the amp, thanks.........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us