What Amp should I get?

Username: Spants

Post Number: 1
I'm looking for a cheap amp..but still work quite well. I bought 2 pyle blue wave 1200watts, 4ohm subwoofers.

Is this an ideal amp for them?
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/discountsonline/pyplcaram.html

Bronze Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 51
man people on here are going to tell you to drop the subs if you can, and not to get that amp either. Alpine, Kicker has some nice subs. look into the Alpine Type R's or the Kicker Comp VR's. Kicker,JL, Alpine, JBL, are also some good amps to look into.

Username: Spants

Post Number: 2
why should i drop the subs?

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 149
http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

This is a list compiled by someone very experienced with car audio

Bronze Member
Username: Suthurnlatino

Post Number: 22
Hope you can still return those subs. As far as I can remember I've read that Pyles are poorly made. I've heard flea market brands before but not specifically Pyle (It was DHD aka Alpine knockoff amp brand) but they sounded mechanical and shallow. The sub just had a dirty sound to it.

Username: Kainaliuboyz

Post Number: 1
i got 2 kenwood 10 inch subs, 500w max a piece, what would be a good amp to get or how many amps do i need for it to work real good?

Bronze Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 52
you need to get the rms rating on the subs first, not the max. I dont know exactly how much power those require, but go by the rms not the max watts, or you will fry the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 422
usally they are about half what the peak is, but like ^^ said, you need more info!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us