Spent 3 hours trying to wire amp and sub PLZ HELP

Username: Glocknesmonstr

Largo, Fl Usa

Post Number: 1
Ok iam new to this board, but not to new to subs and amps. But for some resone i cant figure out how to wire it so it works right. The best i can do is turn it up to like 43 and only hear a littel bump bump close to a 6x9.
Well i have a audiobahn amp series a8000t and an aw1506t subwoofer. sub is dual 4ohm voice coil. amp is 800rmsx1 4ohm mono. plz help me detailed descirption and photos would be wonderfull.
psguy buy my house told me some crazy way to do it using a split rca cable and hooking each voice coil to each channele to the sub but know noise.

Largo, Fl Usa

Post Number: 2
Oh ya and dont blast me for having audiobahn plz. and one more question if the amp is 800rmsx1 4 ohm mono. if i wire the subs at 8 ohm it should work right. well if its supposed to it's not working.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8937
if the sub is dual voice coil, wire both pairs of terminals to the amplifier (normally.. pos to pos, neg to neg) to get a 2 ohm load at the amplifier and full power to the sub

after that, set the LPF on the amplifier to about 60 to 80Hz
set any bass boost to flat or zero
set subsonic filter to 20Hz if it's adjustable
set gain to about one quarter turn from minimum (turning clockwise) to start out. don't turn gain all the way up on an amp..

see how that works

Largo, Fl Usa

Post Number: 3
Yup i think thats what i did. i wired one voice coil to 1st channel and the other voice coil to the 2nd channel, and took the white end of the rca cable pluged it into a v split rca and pluged the split into the amp.
This works but is it running ok (i.e. at the right ohms for the sub and amp.)

Username: Ian999

N/a, N/a NorthAmerica

Post Number: 3
I had the same setup 800Wx1 RF and Alpine Type R 12" 4+4 ohms.
I hooked it up in 2ohms and the amp start smoking but the car was jumping, really powerful.
Hooked it up to 8ohms and I think I messed up my subs, I went back to 2 ohms and the sub don't kick any more :-(.

Went and bought a 4ohm stable pioneer tsw306c and it works great. Going to go turn the gain up a little more and tweak some setting now..
latz.

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 148
try it like this well look here http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us