How to wire 15" sub to this amp properly.

Username: Parad0x

Post Number: 9
Trying to figure out if I can bridge the two channels on this amplifier, and run it mono?
The amplifier says it runs (4 Ohm Stereo Power (RMS): 125W X 2). Is this setup even possible on my one 15" SUBWOOFER? or do I need two drivers to be able to run stereo? Or is my Only alternative to run (4 Ohm Mono Power (RMS): 400W X 1) ??

Whichever setup given, how much can I turn the gain up to? ex. 1/4, 2/4, 3/4 ??

This is the subwoofer.

Phoenix Gold
SVC
4 ohms
150 watts RMS, 300 watts max.
Voice Coils are 2 inch's
Frame: Stamped Steel
Magnet: 48 oz
Dust Cap: Inverted Glass Aramide
Suspension: Butyl Rubber
Piston: Glass Aramide
-------------

Amplifier is
Concept CC-1252

4 Ohm Stereo Power (RMS): 125W X 2
4 Ohm Mono Power (RMS): 400W X 1
2 Ohm Stereo Power (RMS): 200W X 2
Signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 50 KHz
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05%
Input Sensitivity: 200mV-4V
Length: 11.82"
Width: 11.66"
Height: 2.37"
Continuously variable 0 - 18dB Bass Boost
Built-in continuously variable 18dB per octave crossover, from 50Hz to 250Hz
Platinum Connectors

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 45
You could run it bridged mono with gain turned down, but your specs are pretty close so you could hook it up only on one channel

Post Number: 10
what's the difference in how these three methods are set up?? I know the first one, but how are the other two suppose to be hooked up?

4 Ohm Mono Power (RMS): 400W X 1 (Two channels bridged, one + from one channel and - off of the other channel for one driver)

4 Ohm Stereo Power (RMS): 125W X 2 (setup??)

2 Ohm Stereo Power (RMS): 200W X 2 (setup??)

Bronze Member

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 47
For 4 ohm stereo you would just run it off one channel (with only one sub you would get just the bass from that channel), at 2 ohm stereo you would need two 4 ohm subs wired in parellel.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
"at 2 ohm stereo you would need two 4 ohm subs wired in parellel. "

So your saying, each sub, for a total of two subs, is wired so that each subwoofer is wired into the +/- of its own channel, each sub having their own channel?

Or are you saying.. wire it so it's bridged but you use either the + of one channel for both sub + terminals, or the - of the other 2nd channel for - terminals on both the subs for a bridged connection?

Bronze Member

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 59
No I'm sorry, My last answer wasn't clear. For 2 ohm stereo on a two channel amp you would need either 2 subs capable of being wired for 2 ohms (DVC 4ohms per coil, or a 2 ohm SVC) or 4 subs with 4ohm SVC (same as yours).

Your options are either run it bridged mono (follow manual), you'll need to turn your gain down so that you don't damage your sub, or run it off a single channel so it would get 125 watts.

I'd run it bridged personally just make sure that you set the gain so that you don't blow your sub. Start with gain set at minimum and your volume set at about 3/4 then increase gain to get the sound you want or get distortion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us