Amperage draw to alternator

Bronze Member
Username: Headutter

Post Number: 46
I have a Cadillac seville with a Northstar engine.
I went to a place that supplies and repairs alternators. They said the stock alternator is all that will fit in the tight space with that engine. The stock alternator is 140 AMP. Does anyone know what the draw is from these amplifiers: JBL 1201.1,
JL1000/1, Hifonics 1505D, or Soundstream TR880/2?
Any recomendation of any others with this kind of clean power that draw less?

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 400
Did you try to call anyplace about a bigger alt. Because I have a caddy, not sure about the Northstar engine, but it's tight as well, and I had the big alt. but upgraded to a 200 amp, and it isn't any bigger!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3799
David, those guys need to go back to school.
You will need HO alternator with those amps. They will draw 100A+ at their maximum volume level.

Silver Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 103
David.. Isaac is right ... those guy need to go back to school. Bigger amp alternator (HO alternator) doesn't mean bigger size.. go to www.excessiveamperage.com and talk to Nathan, he will build one for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Headutter

Post Number: 47
Thank you for your posts. I have emailed excessiveamperage.com and will wait for their reply.

Anonymous

yea dont listen to alotta alternator places cause i went to one and they told me it was impossiple to put a 160amp alternator in my car and i had one built anyways and it fit like a glove
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us