Audiobahn alum12q??

Username: Loper43

Michigan

Post Number: 1
i dont know alot about car audio. and i want my car to sound good. i was thinking about 2 audiobahn alum12q subs. and probably just a cheap legacy 2400 watt amp. is this amp good enough to power them?? are these subs any good??

Username: Flame_q_69

Gregory, M.I. U.S.

Post Number: 2
i have 2 audiobahn flame Q's i was thinking about getting that amp, because the flame q need alot of power to reach the spl of other top of the line subs, so that 2x1000 rms at 2 ohm will help you reach your desired db.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 21
that legacy amp won't put out anywhere near 2000 watts rms!!!

dont be fooled by false power ratings!!!!! that rating is a max power rating...the legacy amp may...i repeat MAY put out 900-1000 RMS!!!!thats about half of what you "think" it will do!!!

get a good amp...legacy, sony, boss and others are not very good at all....

i have owned all of those brands and many others. you'll be money and time ahead to get something like JBL, Kicker, or JL!!!

as for audiobahn....that is also a no-no!!! if you walk into an audioshop and tell you are new to car audio....audiobahn is prolly the first thing they will show you....

this is because they get their best mark up on audiobahn and tyhey look flashy...so newbies buy em up!!!dont be fooled!!!

audiobahn is very inefficient and have no SQ at all!!!

Pat L
Unregistered guest
1st Audiobahn sucks! I have no respect for it, Audiobahn is what most white people buy- get rid of it. 2nd a cheap AMP is your seconed mistake. If you want good loud sound buy a good quality AMP (rockfords are long lasting, quality and very clean, hard power) You'll be happy that you bought a nice AMP later!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2031
race has nothing to do with buying good equipment, and with the money I wouldn't recommend RF or Audioblah.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 31
i agree glass...never liked RF either

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2090
I like RF's older stuff, from the early 90s.
Their recent gear is just middle of the road.
nothing special.

audiobahn on the other hand isn't even middle of the road.. it's shiny junk.

puzzle
Unregistered guest
I dont even like audiobahn but its the only thing i havent blownup yet. I have 2x AW1206T,2x A8000T,2x 1farad caps and it will slam.

esuji
Unregistered guest
Wolf, you seem to know a boat load of technical info, can you tell me what is wrong with the Audiobahn amps? I just bought a a8000t after a great deal of research. They had the highest RMS ratings and the lowest THD of all the brands I looked at. They had a really good noise ratio as well. What am I missing?

Username: Elexpert

Post Number: 4
numbers can lie and they will. The sound of an amp isnt always reflected by the numbers. That's why when I buy any audio equipment, I listen to other people stuff to see what their's sounds like.

esuji
Unregistered guest
If the "THD at Rated RMS Power", the S/N ratio, the RMS Wattage (at channel# / resistance), and the frequency range are all reported, then what else can be affecting the output?? I am an ee/cs grad and know there are always reasons behind output quality. I was just wondering if anyone knew what else to look for in an Amp?? If you just listen to different setups, how do you know they didnt mess up the box, didn't use their Q values, reflections in their car, etc etc???

Post Number: 6
For one thing if you're an ee grad it shouldn't be that hard for you to figure this kind of stuff out. Second I look for the kind of output connections, input connections, if the connections match my HU. Frequency capability, power@certain resistances. The question you are asking is broad, and insulting people then asking another question doesn't make much sense.

esuji
Unregistered guest
I didn't mean to be insulting, I am just trying to understand why people tend to dislike Audiobahn? If they lie on their spec's and are shight, then I may take mine back! I bought one because the THD was only 0.02% at max RMS, and a very high S/N ratio, most amps you guys are talking about on here have a THD of like 0.2%, which is an order of magnitude worse, yet supposedly sound better? Maybe the extra distortion actually makes bass sound louder? I dunno, that's why Im asking. Sorry Ryan, no hard feelings.

Post Number: 7
The way I go about it is if the amp sounds good, screw what other people think. That's all

jeffd
Unregistered guest
audiobahn ownz joo my alum12q will eat all of you and thats only at 700 rms

its_baconl2
Unregistered guest
haha jeffd, rofl rofl you dunoshit muvvers

jeffd
Unregistered guest
it hit 150db all by its lonesome when i was running it at 1000 rms in my 95 camaro with no distortion

jeffd
Unregistered guest
this guy didnt seem to have a problem hitting 150 db with his single 12 either http://www.carreview.com/Subwoofers/Audiobahn,ALUM-12/PRD_49379_1808crx.aspx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us