3 Audiobahn 18"s in a Tahoe, 151db at 39hz, wow.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 187
Very impressed with the subs. (the subs have an extra wide mounting ring so the actual cone area isnt much larger than a typical 15" woofer.)
15.75 cubic foot box, 2 SPL Z1x-3000D amplifiers, 151db at 39hz on the TermLab mic.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3810
nice one man thats some incredible pressure, were you in the truck when you hit it or was it just the mic?

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
Audioshop in Ocala, Fl(Audionutz) has a 300zx with 2 treo ssx 12's with 2,000 watts rms on each on and it hits at 152 decibels. amps are usa 2000's

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 978
How did I know he was gonna say just by seeing that he was the last poster and thats what he posted in the other post.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 979
no my bad 3rd time.

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
just thought i'd spread the good news, i'm not trying to 1-up anyone

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
i know a guy who has a 97 chevy astro van with a wall that has 9 memphis audio 15's with god knows how many watts and his only hits at 160 decibels..not trying to pick an argument

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 237
Id rather have them treo's over audioburns any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 238
BTW you couldve hit higher on the mic of you had 1 18 RE MT and the same amps.

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
thats what im talkin about son!!

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
thats what im talkin about son!!
treo all the way!!

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 408
Shocker Sigs all the way for spl, 2 10's and a ss box and 2 mtx 1501 amps would get you close to 156.

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
how many watts rms do the shocker sigs handle?
those 10's have got to be some MEATY tens

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 410
i think there 1800 watts rms and 3000 peak but im not for sure. and yes if you ever see a pic of them you will see why they are badass. i'll see if i can get a pic, and some guy has a video of 1 12 on woofervids.com or realmofexcursion.com not sure which but its one of the two.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 411
here Upload

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 412
sorry the pic is so bad, if you could only see how big those magnets are. and heres the vid http://www.woofervids.com/displayimage.php?album=128&pos=0

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 236
151 isnt all that impressive with 3 18"s...i was hitting 150 with my single brahma 15"...and now with my 2 tempests im hitting in the 150 region...i heard tempests get lower than brahmas thats y i made the switch...i like my bass low and loud...

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 978
you must've didnt read it all that well..he hit 151 at *39* hz..and he said the surface area is barely any more than a regular 15" sub..At that low of tone 151 is a very good score

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 238
o yea...didn't catch that sry zac...ill try to read it better next time...thats pretty d@mn good for 39hz

Silver Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 110
are those spl amps any good-- i have never even heard of them-- are their numbers legit??

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
which spl amps?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 985
Z1x-3000D amplifiers..and which audiobahn subwoofers were you using zac if you dont mind saying?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 819
Anytime you do 150dB+ w/ a sub 40hz frequency, thats just loud...period.

congrads zac.
is that outlaw or legal?

oh...and how much sound deadening (if any) does that tahoe have?

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 85
Thats nasty 3 18's in a tahoe that must deep as hell. People would be able to hear that from miles away.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 188
Thanks guys. The guy I built it for is very happy with it. These subs could take 3 times the power, but for street beating this is plenty for him. The slot port in the back is huge and so I figured I'd make the interior of the box a little more interesting than just plain MDF.
I started out with a piece of MDF I cut into a star and then routered the edged. Then attatched it to the inside wall that faced the slot. I then fiberglassed it in and finished it with some body filler. I built this star in relation to a skull I picked up from Spencer's Gift shop. It was an illuminated nite light. I removed the fiberoptic's and then cut the skull in half at a 30 degree angle using a pnuematic cut-off wheel.
After I attatched it to the star the entire interior got a satin black covering. To fifnish it off I installed 2 24" blacklights inside the box to illuminate the entire face and star. They are positioned just right to give the skull good shadowing. I've got a really crappy picture here, it shows really bright from the flash, it kinda looks like the paint coverage isnt good but it's just from the extremely bright flash. I've since trimmed the carpet as well.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 189
Upload

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 190
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 191
Upload

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 192
The subs are the AWT18X. They have a 5" voice coil. They are massive, and heavy. I think total weight is around 150 lbs each. I know it took two of us to carry each sub because thier just to dang heavy to move alone. I have two more new in the crate. I plan on puting 2 Z1X-3000D's strapped to each woofer (thats 4 amps 2 subs total)in a 10 cubic ft box for the next person I can find willing to buy these beasts. Can't wait to hear that system.
BTW, that skull was just ta spruce up the install a little bit. In that pic it looks kinda lame but at night with the neon illuminating the inside it looks very cool.

Oh ya, lol, at 39 hz the scale of "loud" changes alot.:-) also, I would imagine this box is capable of producing levels in excess of 155db at the same frequency with the appropriate power. (3 times the power)

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 870
that is a very very very nice install zac...where did u learn that lol

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 199
Thankyou compluva.

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
i'm really diggin that skull, good job