Eclipse 3321 Vs. DLS A3

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 109
Hey guy's I'm powering some DLS Iridiums and currently own an old eclipse 3321 made in USA.

would there be much benefit in switching to an A3 or even a JL 300/2?

I found 2 used A3's for 300 and 340, the one for 340 comes with box and manual and has a couple less scratches.

Here is a link to the A3
http://www.dls.se/english/fstark/a3n.htm

Is the difference worth upgrading for $300 or should I stick with the Eclipse?
If it is worth upgrading I'm not sure what to do with the eclipse, I don't have an amp for my rear doors in my titan but I have been told I should disconnect the rear fill compleatly anyways.

I do have some Kenwood Dualmag Mids from a set with a blown tweeter, with crossovers, I could put in the back and run them in mono off the eclipse, if this would be ideal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
anyone know which is better?

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
bump

How much would I Gain switching to a DLS A3 or a JL 300/2?

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
sounds good I guess I will get the whatever instead of the whatever

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4385
Sorry so long. Given the choice (assuming I didn't already have either amp) I'd take the A3, but since you already have the Eclipse, see if it gets loud enough. You'd be doubling the power, so you'd get approximately a 3db increase. Both are great amps in quality, the extra power and design (dual mono) of the A3 would just lead me to it given the choice between the two. As far as your situation, not worth it unless you need the extra 3db that bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us