Help! Amp question!

Unregistered guest
im buying 2 12' kicker subwoofers that are pushing 1200 watts peak power at 2 ohms. what kind of amplifier should i use for that sub? I was thinking of buying the audiobahn A8000T but i think that cant handle the 2 kicker subs. please help! thanks

Unregistered guest
oh ya and whats the difference between peak power performance and RMS power. dont you divide whatever your peak power is by 2 to get your RMS.

Username: Angus_nb

Post Number: 8
Manufacturers can just pick a number out of a hat for peak power, it means nothing. Peak power is the highest wattage that an amp can produce for a split second.
RMS is the wattage that an amp can produced constantly. Even RMS numbers aren't equal. Better companies show RMS at 12.5V and 14.4V. This will give you a good idea of how much power you will have with the car shut off and the car running. The cheaper amps only show RMS at 14.4V because it's a higher number.
There are much better amps than Audiobahn for the same money. A Phoenix Gold Octane-R 8.0:1 for example.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3790
or JBL, or MTX

Username: Trizcam94

Post Number: 1
Whats good, gotta question for ya'll! I'm tryin to install my amp, and i can't seem to get power, i got a filepro California 400 watt amp.(IF ANYONE HAS EVEN HEARD OF THAT BEFORE!) w/a 1400 watt amp kit connecting it.
I was thinkin' maybe my amp is just old. If that's not the case anyone have an idea of what it might be? Does the remote switch have to be pluged into the amp for it to come on?
please help a brovah out...

Unregistered guest
oh well i am almost bought on a infinity 1210a amplifier for 350. Do you think that is a good buy for those kicker subs i was going to buy. this amp puts out 1300 rms at 2 ohms. is it too powerful or should i just buy the audibahn or anouther amp

Username: Rawtang

Post Number: 1
I JUST got an alpine mrd m1005 v12 mono sub amp i had a rockford amp prior an it fried when i hook up the alpine amp its flashn to much current what could be the problem?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us