Orion 280gx amp info

Username: Opel_driver

Ayr, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
hey, i just picked up this amp from a friend, its an orion 280gx and i tried to test it out but it blew the fuse so its got something wrong inside, before i start going around in there, does anyone know if theres something that commonly goes wrong with these?

also it uses a large connector to connect the 2 speaker channels and a blue wire to the amp, i'm not sure what the blue wire is, i would think its remote turn on, except where the +12 and the ground wire come out, there is another small black wire with them, which i believe is the remote turn on because the 3 wires generally stick together. does anyone know which of these 2 wires does what?

i can get a pic of the connections if its needed

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 105
Umm the blue wire is usually your remote wire. and i cant relly understand the rest of your question, upload a pic

Ayr, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
i didn't think that made much sense, but i tried to explain it... heres some pics with my horrible camera, but you'll get what i mean... the first 2 have the plug plugged in, the last doesn't
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8919
the blue wire is the remote.
if the amp is blown, you probably fried part of the pwoer supply and most of the FET rails.
you won't get it fixed unless you find soemone with the schematics for that old amp since Orion liked to sand the part numbers off of their FETs and other IC to prevent unauthorized tampering

Ayr, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
so what is the other black wire then? just a ground?

Ayr, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
does anyone know what the smaller black wire is then?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us