Project audiobahn

Unregistered guest
Hi,

Im going to buy an audiobahn AUD-AW1508T Sub and im not sure what amp to best use with it. I will use a 4 x 60watts head unit.

In the future i will also buy 4 6x9 speakers with each 250watts peak power, they will be on one amp (4 speakers on one amp) can you suggest if i need a capacitor and how much farad? my car is a simple car with a standard not too powerfull battery,

Luc

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 336
do not waste your money on crappy audioblah, seriously how much are you going to pay for that sub? $300?

buy an elemental design e15a.22 for less than that sh!tty audiobahn

that ED sub gets 29mm xmax 1 way and needs about 1000w rms to run at full power where that stupid audiobahn needs 2000w rms to get like 15mm xmax

slap that baby in a 2.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28 Hz and all you need is anywhere from 300-1000w rms to run it good

i repeat, DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON AUDIOBLAH!!!!!!

Luc
Unregistered guest
u sure?

Luc
Unregistered guest
The ED sub looks crap man, i have already ordered the audiobahn and read good reviews about it, why not buy it if i can afford it?

what do u think?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1598
who cares how the speaker looks?
the audiobahn products are chrome plated trash.
poorly made, and they perform just as badly.
eD, Adire, and similar companies all offer very high-quality subs, that perform extremely well, for about the same price range.

Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2
Luc, if you have thre cash to get the audiobahn adn do then your wasting your money!!!!

dont be fooled by that audiobahn hype!!!

i was at one time, and i'm sorry i ever bought my 2 10's!!!

it you have or are thinking about geting a 1000watt amp then get an adire Brahma 15!!!that is a REAL sub!!! put it in a vented box and you'll love it!!!

audiobahn is cheap crap w/ a crome finish tha is sold for a high price!!!

get something like KICkER adire, eD, or JL!!

Luc
Unregistered guest
im having some probs posting here

Luc
Unregistered guest
Ok, seems to be working now, forget about your hatred for audibahn subs, can u advise of a good amp to power that sub? and plus if i got another extra amp to power 4 6x9s 100watts rms, what kind of capacitor will i need? how many farads?
Luc

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
u dont need a cap

and there is not good matchup for that sub so return it now and buy something WORTH BUYING

hell why not get a sh!tty boss amp to go with it too...

how about the r3000d? puts out 3000w max at 1 ohm and only uses a 60 amp fuse or something stupid like that

yet again another victim to that chromed out sh!t......you know, you're better off buying a $50 cerwin vega 12 inch sub than spending $300 on this hunk of crap man seriously return it if you can

i once had the terrible experience of owning an audiobahn... actually the same line, the aw1208t and i believe glasswolf remembers me building a box for it... it is SO ineffecient, it distorts even with a goodamp, and cannot hit lower than 50 or so Hz (even tho it says 20) and the aluming cone came right off one time, the adhesive came apart and it seperated the surround from the voice coil pretty much and all i got was this loud slapping noise which ruined the aluminum cone and killed that piece of crap

but if you're for looks then maybe crappy stuff is for you and hey maybe i'll get you a pyle head unit, rockwood speakers, legacy 4 channel amp and boss amp to power that CRAP

gosh if you want to keep that sub then audiobahn has HOOKED you like the stupid little goldfish you are

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
i cant say it enough...

crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap

Bronze Member
Username: 350_blaze

Post Number: 28
It's starting to smell like poopy on this thread.I think I see flies.Get some police edition megaphones and hook em up to 9v enegizer batteries now that's a system!

P.s. crapity crap crap crap

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Also you won't need a cap the shi@ty bahn's will have enough enegy stored up in the voice coil's just before they catch your backseat on fire.

Luc
Unregistered guest
You actually havent given any professional advise on that, so i will look elsewhere. I think its ur anger on ur dead ban before thats causing all this. anyway, thanks for ur help,

Luc

Bill
Unregistered guest
the profesonal advice that they gave you was to get a better sub they have had so manny audiobhans blow it is silly the wire leads from the voice coils to termanals are the same size as my 3 1/2 speakers in my dash they are serious they are unefficent as heak but if you want an amp get one that maches you sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luc
Unregistered guest
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Tell us how it sounds when you hook everything up. Then you will understand the hatred. This is a saying my father used to say and, it definetly applys to audiobahn " YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD"!

Luc
Unregistered guest
i will ;)

Luc
Unregistered guest
ok, where can i get the kicker equivalent or better of the audiobahn AUD-AW1508T in UK online. and how much will it cost me?

Luc

Luc
Unregistered guest
u will all be at me for this, i returned the audiobahn sub, he he he. U all are so convincing, i am now looking for a kicker sub, i have about £430 to spend. Where can i get the best one in UK for this money?

Luc
Unregistered guest
Guys i found these two deals, what do u think of the 12" L7? is it a good deal?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+products_id+1536+referer+ke lkoo

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+products_id+1515+referer+ke lkoo

will i get enough bass with the 12"?

please let me know asap im ready to order.

loud and low
Unregistered guest
i would go with the one with the brutus amp but either will work 10 times better than the audiobahn and yes it will give you plenty of bass.

Luc
Unregistered guest
im thinking of the 12" one, will i need a cap with that set if i add another amp to power 4 6x9 later? and is that amp a good one?

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 11
YOU NEVER NEED A CAP!!!!!

for get about them!!!

you may wanna get a new alternator though. if your gonna get a class AB amp for the 6x9's and a class D for that saub then about a 180-200A will do.

Username: Luc

Post Number: 4
A cap is cheaper than an alternator man!!!!

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 12
yeah....caps are cheaper ....but they dont do anythingto help !!!

all a cap does is add something to your electrical system that must be charged....thus hurting more that they help in many cases!!!

say you get a $60 1farad cap and put that in....that means that the alt. (most stock ones are under 100A so m we'll just say yours is a 100A)

must charge the A/C, amps, the cap, and everything else in the car

your sub amp will draw about 60-75A
the mid and high amp will draw about 40-50A

that would leave nothing for that rest of your car man...you would drain your battery and the amps would clip.

say yourself that trouble of geting burned on a cap and just get a new alt.....you can get one on ebay for about $200...your getting yourself into a expensive hobby bub.

oh and to follow that lead of 350blaze....here is what my grandpa used to say..."bought lessons are the best kind"...you'll learn one if you get a cap!!!

i'm not being mean man....just trying to save you some trouble in the future.

but if you still want a cap ...i'll sell you a digital boss 2 farad one ...cheap!!!

Post Number: 5
anyway, i'll c how it goes then get an alternator, by the way, here is my bass system for now, planning of getting the Alpine CDA9812RR HU, with kicker component speakers for front stage, please comment ;)
My initial setup, will upgrade in due time ;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
so you got a cap anywez, even though you know it will do absolutely nothing to help your lack of power problem?

waste of money and time those caps are.....and btw, much better choice on sub

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 40
A lot of Audiobahn haters in here. I have audiobahn subs and my 10's perform awesome. A lot of people are just jumping on the bandwagon when it comes to Audiobahn. Here is the bandwagon myth/definition of audiobahn...

Audiobahn- overpriced car audio equipment that is specifically focused on appearance rather than performance.

Am I right about that? Hey man all car audio equipment in my Explorer is audiobahn except my head unit. The only reason I got audiobahn because my friend can get it very cheap.

My Explorer equipment is...

2 10" Audiobahn DVC subs 600 watts RMS
2 6.5 Audiobahn door speakers 250 watts RMS
2 6x9 Audiobahn speakers 350 watts RMS
1 1000 watt Audiobahn amps pushing the subs
1 400 watt 4-channel Audiobahn amp for the component speakers
2 audiobahn passive crossovers
2 Audiobahn dome tweeters that came with the crossovers
Pioneer Head Unit

Got all that for nearly $850 including the head unit. That was a hell of a deal if you ask me. Do you think I'm complaining...Hell nah! So many people adore my audio system in the Explorer. I really like my audio system. I wish I knew the SPL score of my the system. My brother had 2 15" Kicker Comp. in a 2000 Yukon with a Memphis Belle Amp. My brother sold that just so he could get audiobahn after he heard my hook up. Next time my brother came from Colorado he came back with 2 12" audiobahn and saved a couple of bucks and it hits a hell of a lot harder than those Kickers he had. I advised my brother to keep the kickers because I thought the Kickers would "out hit" the Audiobahns but he got 'em anyways. Compare those Kickers (15") to the Audiobahn (12") so he saved some bucks saved room in his truck and the audiobahn hits a lot harder. My brother proved me wrong because I thought mine sounded better because of my component speaker and the amp pushing them. He only had pioneer component with no amp and now his truck makes mine sound like a factory system for the exception of highs. My high is a hell of a lot better than his. His bass is a lot lower than mine. He has the same model subs that I have except his is 12 inches. He is still using the same Memphis Belle amp. So, thus Audiobahn can't be that bad if a lot of people adore my system and his hits a little harder than mine. I will try to find pictures of the subs that we have and the Kicker he had an let everyone compare.

Post Number: 6
I will install my system in a few months cause thats when i'll get home, i am just studying here in UK, its not my real home. so i wil post a review in a few months.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Please do...I think you'll be very satisfied.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42

The Audiobahn is subs we currently have and the Kicker sub my brother used to have.

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
people adore your system because of its looks....so many kids at my school are EXACTLY like you - want a system that looks sweet - and theyll get audiobahn and its rediculous how crappy their stuff will sound...

also, those stupid a$$ surrounds they put on there which they do not need to say in the least bit

those 2 inch surrounds are rediculous oversized when they dont need much more than .25 inch surround with the kinda of excursion they put out.........

i would only buy audiobahn if it were $5 for a pair of subs, 50 cents for an amp and all around, you can find a hell of a better deal for $850 than that crap u got

i.e. pair of shivas, jbl 1200.1, brings us to $550

add in a pair of infinity reference 6.5 and 6x9 speakers for $75 each and a jbl p80.4

thats about $850 there and i would put money down that it would sound hella lot better than ur audioblah

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
or screw those speakers for setup, get a pair of infinity kappa perfect 6.1 component set for the front and a p180.2 for $120 at sound domain.com right now on sale

Username: Mackevion

Post Number: 2
i'm with patrick...i have those same model audiobahns and they do hit...as a matter of fact i've had the jl's kicker comp, solo baric's and all that fancy expensive stuff in my car with the same amp, head unit and surrounding speakers and what sounds better the audiobahns...plus mine were cheap...it all depends on how the system is hooked up...if u are a smart installer than u know that you can make any system sound good with the correct wiring

Post Number: 7
What would you advise on front stage speakers? i need some component speakers as cheap as possible but great sound. Please suggest a few.

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
mackevion, if you think they can pound, you must have never heard a pair of good subs
like shivas...brahma...w7...ED subs, IDMAX series...diamond...MMats...

and lol all that fancy expensive stuff? like what?

guarenteed a pair of shivas with a JBL 1200.1 will kill any audiobahn you throw at them for SPL and SQ

one shiva hits 135 dB at 15 Hz

as for front stage speakerrs, look at CDT, Infinity kappa perfect, Focal stuff like that

you can go with a coaxal of infinity kappa perf or something, wont bust ur wallet but sounds pretty good too

Post Number: 8
i want 4" ones plus tweeters, any models in mind?

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
i dont know of any 4" components...

ive seen 4" coaxals but never components, smalled component set i ve seen was 5"

you can look at the adire audio 3" midbass driver hits like 75-16000 hz

Post Number: 9
how about this one

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+products_id+225

or this one
http://www.mcs-direct.co.uk/acatalog/MCS_DIRECT_CLEARANCE_SPECIALS_11.html

Which one would u advise me to buy?

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
i would go with the kickers out of those 2

Post Number: 10
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Illfaded

im getting audio bahns subs too 12" thats pushing out 1500watt rms dunno if there good tho.. there running me 200 a piece.. so hopefully its good for me.. ill tell u if they bump or not.. and if they dont ima have to slap myself.. well.. lets just see... i went wit audiobahn instead of rockfords..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
You'll be glad that you got the audiobahn even though rockford fosgates are some good arsse subs also. The best audiobahn subs that I heard are the AUD-AW1208T(2) pushed by a 1100 watt Orion amp. That was hitting @ like 185.3dB or something like that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
please don't start the audiobahn war again, im tired of the others criticising it ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
patrick shutup!!!!!!!! 185.3 db we must have a new world record you idiot!!!!!!!!Don't post if the only thing your going to say is bullsh@t!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
I should of called dude up before I made that post. Actually he said it's hitting @ 108.3dB. I don't anything about SPL scores.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Sorry pat for calling you a idiot. Alot of people post 200db's And that's almost impossible.Well don't take offense.

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 16
Pat....hate to say it but just about any system can do 108dB's!!!

i have 2 audiobahn 10's and i hate that i ever bought them!!! waste of moneyand time!!!

i put them on a JBL 600.1 and they sounded like crap...

i put the same amp on a L5 12 and it put the audiobahns to shame!!!both in SPL and SQ and the L5 was in a 1 cu ft sealed box!!!

audiobahn is just for looks...may have a little SPL but no SQ and they are really, really, inefficient........(one 12 w/ 1200watts rms that is out done by most 600 watt subs)

B-dizzle
Unregistered guest
I had two 10 inch audiobahn subs, they pounded pretty loud with very excellent sound quality. The only reason i had audiobahn in my car was because i got them for free. :-) But i wanted more thump, so i got 2 12" infinty 1230W's. $75 for the pair. Though i can't really compare 10 inch to 12 inch, i'd say that the audiobahns performed ok. I won't say audiobahn is worth the money, but if you get em for free, might as well use em.

Bronze Member

Got my HU today, its so nice, its an Alpine CDA9812RR. Cant wait to hook it up. Is it worth it to get the mobile hub?

God Smack
Unregistered guest
I love AudioB's

Unregistered guest
what is the best size box for 2 audiobahn alum12qs. I have them in a 1.29 per chamber know but they are not hitting as low as i would like.

Username: Flame_q_69

Gregory, M.I. U.S.

Post Number: 3
i have 2 1206t's and i need an amp suggestion, i was looking at a laznar 2400watt amp...it puts out 2x1000 rms at 2 ohm, if anyone has any suggestion they would be appreticiated...

gmoneylocs
Unregistered guest
I did quite a bit of research on AMPS (btw, why are you guys talking about speakers in an amplifier thread??), and the Audiobahn had the lowest THD at max power and at the best price per watt?? Has anyone actually had a problem with an Audiobahn amp, or seen any real scientific results (not just so and so's car kicks azz)?? Any info would be appreciated

Anonymous

me and a couple of my friends have audiobahn and they are very under rated the amps push alot more than they say as long as you have the battery power they will do every thing you need

Bronze Member
Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 16
ignore the audiobahn haters

ive had my audiobahn subs and box being pushed by a boss amp for nearly 6 months and have no problems

bass is precise...clear, crisp..nothing sloppy at all..

no problems...

now boss might make garbage subs/speakers and that..but when it comes down to amps...they have it on lock...they're not playing around...their amps are under rated...esp. the ripper and chaos series...

wow

audiobahn isnt as bad as people on here say...

infact the only place where i hear people sh1ting on audiobahn is when i come to this board..

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 86
Audiobahn can take all its fancy chrome and f*g flames and cram it up its skinny a*s. Audiobahn sucks. You guys say that they hit hard, but you have never been next to a pair of real subs. JL, Kicker, Rockford all the way. Sh*t!

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 68
james, u actually think boss amps are good???

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

...ok here is a simple example of how bad boss amps are, take the R1400D (riot)...it says 1400 watts max...so well call it "700 watts RMS"...no take that back "call" it 600 watts RMS, ok its a class D so to get a true 600 watts RMS you would need a 60A fuse the hold the current, but guess what......the R1400D has a 40A....

so in all actuality this amp may, i repeat may put out 400 WATTS RMS!!!

....and have you ever take a BOSS amp apart???? just look at in inside of one compared to somthing like a JBL BP 600.1, even a idiot can see that the workmanship is crap in a boss amp and the parts a cheap(crap)!!!

so boss advertises that it has a 1400 watt amp, it writen all over the amp, but guess what this amp may only put out 400 watts RMS of clean power, i have used this amp ...i am ashamed to say, and insalled a lot of other boss crap. the power they make is "dirty", they make even good subs a speakers sound like crap!!!

so, lets see....a "1400 watt" amp that only give >400 RMS.....or a 600 watt amp (JBL, kicker, etc.) that puts out 600+ watts RMS....

take your pick!!!!!

Anonymous

jl kicker, and rockford are good subs but earthquake, orion, audiobahn, cerwin- vega, and volcano are the real hard hitters

Anonymous

ANY post you see with Audiobahn, Patrick is sure to show up and decieve some poor, innocent consumer just because he thinks his system is the sh#t. Your brother upgraded from Kicker CVR's.. woohoo, neither Audiobahn or the CVRs are great to start with. Kickers higher end stuff (L7's or even L5's) are worth looking at, though. Audiobahn sucks, you don't see them winning SPL competitions, and you don't see serious competitors running them. Also, forget sound quality with them. A guy up in the post upgraded to Infinity Reference subs, which is Infinitys entry level sub, and it was still better than the Audiobahn crap. Almost any decent sub out there will kill Audiobahn. Honorable Mentions include Adire Audio Shivas, or better yet, Brahmas, JL Audio W7, (as a matter of fact, W6, W3, even the lowly W0 sounds better), Kicker L5's and L7's, Elemental Designs, Image Dynamics, the list is almost endless.

Anonymous

Excuse the name, I meant James Capone, not Patrick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us