Question about RCA cables and amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Tweek52

Post Number: 34
2 years ago i bought a sub system for my car and got it installed at best buy (i was naive and didnt do any research) i got ripped off on the deal probably, the guy ended up setting the amp settings wrong and caused the amp to short liek 2 weeks after installation. So anyways one thing i had to buy was an RCA adapter or somethign because i kept my factory head unit in my altima. I have a new car now with a new system i am getting and i'm wondering am i going toi have the same problem when i try and install my 4 channel ampo myself? Will i need some kind of adapter for my factory HU. ALso the one put in altima was obviously a mono amp, and the new one i am sticking in is to power my 4 new speakers. Any help would be great ty.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
the new one is a 4 channel infinity ref 7541A btw

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
new one is a 4 channel infinity ref 7541A btw

Dan_Harper
Unregistered guest
The Infinity 7541a has high level inputs which means you can run the speaker wires from the stock HU to the amp. You then run new speaker wires from the amp to the speakers. There are other ways to do it but this is the easiest.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
yea i think i understood that part, however will my HU have RCA outputs on it? Because i think my altima may not have, and if it doesn't what do i need to buy for it?

Username: Angus_nb

Post Number: 1
If you want to use RCAs and your stock HU doesn't have them you'll need an adapter. The best one that I know of is the NE-774V from Navone Engineering: http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm
It is unlikely that your stock HU will have them but I don't know for sure.
Going with an RCA adapter, especially the NE-774V, is the best way to go.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us