Input sensitivity range

Bronze Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 27
i have the mrd-m605 and the alpine 9847 i think it is 2 volts. what is the best number to run the input sensitivity at?

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 275
u have to check ur head units preamp voltage. its best to match the hu's pream voltage w/ the amps input rating. However if ur amp can't take the output of ur hu then dont set it higher.

EX: my HU has a 4 volt preamp out so it sends a cleaner signal at a higher voltage but ur amp could not handle the full 4 volts so u would want to set ur amp at around 2 volts, no higher.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I have the MRD-m605 the adjustment range is 0.1-8v. It has one setting at 1.5v and another at 2.5 so what you are saying is that I should be at 1.5v or lower. correct? assuming max volts by pre-amp outs is 2 volts on this particular unit.

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 84
I would say adjust your amp to about 4.5 That seems like the best for 2.5volt headunits.If i can remember that maybe the normal on the V12.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
yeah but the preamp ouputs are rated at 2v max on this hu. if i am to match the amp correctly with the hu the gain should be at 2 volts are below correct?

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 91
You would wanna set it higher.You need to amplify the vols by the amp.So when you start turning up the bass turns up.So the bass isnt all the way down the whole time or bass turns up right when you turn the volume up a few notches.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us