Amp wiring harness

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 358
i got one, and it didn't fit, so i went to a car audio store to get a new one, they bring it out, and it's the exact one that didn't work, so they bring one out with some wires and 4 rca's on it/ how does this go into my HU???????

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 329
I have bad news for you. There's no such thing as an amp wiring harness, unless its a factory amp or something like that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
okay, i got fed up with it so i took the whole thing into the car place, and they told me to plug in the 4 rcas into my sets of pre-outs, so i do, hook everything up/HU turns on, looks good, NO SOUND. and come to find out theres this little box under my drivers seat that turns out to be a factory amp

how do i hook up my HU to my harness now

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
btw, i see the right color wires(the ones that turn into rca's) that match my HU's front speaker/rear speakers but they don't plug into each other, im putting them into my pre-outs, i was THINKING of cutting the ends of the RCA's off and using the wire that was running to it and connecting it to the HU's same color wire(they are both for the speakers) but if it was ment to do that wouldn't it of been made to work anyway?

i think i just have it set up wrong

also, my car has just been sitting around for the past 3 days, and mom just totalled her 4-runner so she might need my car, so the sooner i get this done the better

(i don't know if my factory amp under my seat has anything to do with this problem or not)

glass?

Anonymous

You better tell us what make/model/year car you have, what HU and what amp.
Do you have your speakers connected to the amp? Does the amp power up when you turn the HU on?

Dan_Harper
Unregistered guest
You are giving us very little info to go on.
What HU? What amp? What car?

Have you run speaker wires from the amp to the speakers? Does the amp power up when you turn on the HU?

Incompetence
Unregistered guest
A little common sense here.

With vague answers like this it's impossible to help you.

If you're connecting speaker level outputs to your rca's somehow, you really should consider having a professional do the installation. It sounds like you have no clue what you're doing. If you'll be adding another amp, you run the risk of burning your car down by improperly wiring it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
first of all- it's a panasonic cq-8310U
car 1995 Toyota Avalon(4dr sedan)
factory amp( i dunno what kind it is)

"If you're connecting speaker level outputs to your rca's somehow" the wiring harness i got instead of having speaker wire coming out of the wiring harness, and in place of the speaker wire coming out they have RCA's(and i know that they are in place of the speaker wire)

and on my HU the speaker wires are just dangaling because theres nothing to wire them to

Dan_Harper
Unregistered guest
You've answered a couple of questions. I'm going to try again.
Have you run speaker wires from the amp to the speakers? Does the amp power up when you turn on the HU?
So the only amp you have is the factory one, you didn't put a new one in?

Incompetence
Unregistered guest
Dan,

Why bother trying to help this guy. If you need to pull teeth to get answers to questions that should of been provided in the first post, move on to someone that can really use the help.

Mike: ""If you're connecting speaker level outputs to your rca's somehow" the wiring harness i got instead of having speaker wire coming out of the wiring harness, and in place of the speaker wire coming out they have RCA's(and i know that they are in place of the speaker wire) "

What would your english teacher think of this nonsense.....

Username: Angus_nb

Post Number: 2
I work in computer tech support and have a lot of patience :-) I figured I'd give him one more chance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
scew it, thanks for trying to help dan, i appreciate it, but im going to get one of my friends to help me and see if he knows what to do,

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us