JL vs. JBL

Bronze Member
Username: Headutter

Post Number: 36
Cosidering a JBL 1200 or the Jl 1000. They both have the power requirements I'm looking for. I am not doing competitions. I just want a good clean sound that I don't have to push the amp to it's limits. The JL is a lot more money. Maybe twice as much. Is it worth that kind of money if I'm not doing competitions? Will the JBL be a real step down. My thought is that for maybe $100.00 more I can buy a used JL. Is that wise vs. a new JBL? I absolutely only want an amp that has a remote bass volume control. Many other amps, like the Van Gogh I've eliminated because they do not have this feature.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 670
The JL is worth the money, but so is the JBL. If you don't want to spend the extra dollars, than get the JBL, because it will perform well for half the price.

On another note, why do you want a bass knob? They are note good tools to use, you should just set you gain properly, and the bass properly, then control it from your HU. Bass knobs are not volume controls, and can lead to problems.

grease dog
Unregistered guest
i think he might want the bass controls for the same reason other do, not to make your bass go up but rather bring it down if you playing something completely different and the bass needs to be understated

DUB
Unregistered guest
The JL 1000/1 is a bad @ss amp, and what are you talkinf about the remote bass control, those wont lead to problems, if they did they would not have them. You can't FULLY control the bass off the HU, maybe you can with all the HU menus but forget that.

Bronze Member
Username: Headutter

Post Number: 38
The problem is I have a Bose/Delco head unit. There is no preamp out for a sub amp. It has to be wired off the bass speaker leads, with a stepdown. Yes the volume can be controled by the head, but as stated, diferrent times you want more or less.
My question is what problems are you talking about that can be created using this control?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us