Help with Amp or Head Unit

Username: Djchilli

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone I'm wondering if anyone can help with my dielemma. I have just installed an amp into my car and Iv'e got 'fade adjust' problems. I'm not sure whether it's the head unit or the amp which is at fault. I want to be able to increase the volume in the back so it's louder than the front. I'm using the fade option on the head unit but for some reason it only recognises 6/9's (from the amp) as the speakers in the front. When I fade the music to the front all the speakers go up in volume together, so when I fade to the back all the volume decreces together if this makes any sense. This is obviously not what I want as I want as i want the speakers in the back to be louder. There is another problem which I think is connected when the balance between the left and right sides is neutral the sound quality is terrible, there's no bass what so ever. If I move the balance to the left of right the sound quality gets alot better but is obviously only on one side. My head Unit is a Pioneer DEH P6500R. Can anyone help Please!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1252
It sounds like a wiring problem more than anything. Are you using an aftermarket wiring harness? Or did you just cut into the OEM factory harness?

For future reference, having the soundstage towards the front will give it a more realistic feel and I would recommend keeping it there, but ultimately it is up to you.

Username: Djchilli

Post Number: 2
By wiring harness do you mean the the connecters at the back of the stereo, the colour coded wiring blocks (sorry I'm new to this). If so there are two, one from the stereo to the rear speakers and I suppose the factory harness for the front. I'm not sure if my stereo thinks that the speakers are still connected to the original wires at the rear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us