Short circuit (AMP .......HOT)

Username: Hameed_baz

Post Number: 1
I have two amplifiers mac-audio brand Z4100 and Z4200 and they are really powerfull Connected to the original car audio (Honda Accord 2003) with RCA
but
after 2 hours in a hi volume they will be in pending short circuit
because
they are too hot, be aware that I install 2 speaker OLYMPIC GOLD mac-audio(300w) with
the Z4100(500*2) and 2 Magnat XL1000(400 w) subwoofers with Z4200(600*2) with one
capacitor.
I am upset because I feel the problem will not solve...
Please advise me as soon as possible ..

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8760
for that much power you need a 200A alternator, not a capacitor.
caps do nothing for voltage issues.
you're causing those amplifiers to clip by starving them for current, which is causing your symptoms.

you may also have gains set too high which can also cause problems.

Username: Hameed_baz

Post Number: 3
thanks , I will try that !
could this solve the problems ? I would like to know what will the alternator do ?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8815
the alternator supplies all of the electrical current for the car when the engine is running, under normal conditions.
stock alternators don't have enough reserve power for the demands of amny modern car audio systems added after the purchase of the car.
adding a larger alternator in place of the stock one will allow more current for the car audio system, which will in turn keep a stable 12 volts or 14 volts for the electrical system.
This, as a result, will prevent the amplifier from "clipping" which eliminates distortion and prevents amplifier and speaker damage.

dougyy
Unregistered guest
Hi, im having trouble hooking up my pheonix gold sapphire series amp(think its 35or 50 by 2). im trying to decrease the ohm load by connecting 6 speakers. From what i remember, to connect this kind of system, isnt it positive-negative-positive to the positive side of the amp, then, negative-positive-negative to the negative side. It keeps cutting out when i urn my volume past 12. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us