Daddy, tell me a story about your car.

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 55
Month 1

I've had my car for a little over a month now. We've seen some good times, some bad times, and definately some bl00dy (<--cant say that word?) times from various cuts and many, many bruises.

Here's my baby starting out.
Upload

Wow, those rims sure are dull...first thing I did, was shined them up (took forever!) and added some black accents..
Upload
Upload

Time to get at least some sort of sound comin from my baby...time to break out the 0 gauge.

Upload

Put in some subs, and an amp...starting off with this..

2 dual 12's, and 2 audiobahn 12's in bandpass..

Throw some more paint on me! I swear my car was begging...so of course, I had to comply.
Upload
Upload

Well, running two amps (kenwood KAC-7202, and an Audiobahn A8000T) had my alternator very sad and depressed...So, who wants a sad, depressed alternator in their new car?? Not me! I quickly got his bigger brother.. (200 amp)

Upload
Upload

Well, the audiobahn started overheating, and I decided it was time for a change... Took out the back seats, upgraded my rear suspension, got a HiFonics Brutus 1605, and ended up with three sets of two 12" dual's in bandpass enclosures.

Upload
Upload

Nice and loud. Fantastic.
oh no! Rattling! Time to get things sound proofed.. Yay.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Hey, while I'm under here, might as well throw in my Pioneer REV series 6.5" 2ways...(built in hp crossover).

Upload

Yeesy, my firebird is time consuming, now it wants even MORE custom paint done...so here goes..

Upload
Upload

Ahh...it's been a busy month for me and my car.. Right now, current projects include turning the side view mirrors black, as well as completely redoing the interior...carpet is going black, while a ton of the interior is going white (including dashboard, steering wheel, center console, and e-break, etc..)

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 123
i think i've already said this, but nice car. I hope to get my camaro ready to go soon.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 196
Looks pretty good besides the sub choice. Those Duals are absolute bottom of the line. Throwing any 6 subs in your car will be loud, but I can't imagine the lack of SQ from that setup. Good job other than that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Actually, these dual's have pretty damn good SQ..for about 30 days before they spazz out.. :-) And get the 4 year warranty, and replace'm every 30 days. :-) Heh heh. And i'm thinking about getting six L7's in a custom box.. (ported).

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 197
"Actually, these dual's have pretty damn good SQ..for about 30 days before they spazz out.. And get the 4 year warranty, and replace'm every 30 days. Heh heh. And i'm thinking about getting six L7's in a custom box.. (ported)."

I guess it depends on what setups you've heard to compare them to heh. In your car, 6 L7's really wouldnt be practical. Not to mention you would want a minimum of around 4,800w RMS to power them.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 29
or you can do this and keep your back seats!!Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Heh...Thing about W7's (is that what that is?) Is I dont think one W7, would be as loud as the six 12's I'm using now... And the thing about six L7's, I wouldnt be object to moving my starter battery to the back, and squeezing another alternator under the hood using that space... I already have 200 amps, add 200 more, and I think I could handle the 4000+ RMS the L7's would want..

Actually, I am open to any idea's people might have.. My F-Body (99) has the back seats removed, and I am looking to get something set up (already have a hifonics 1605D amp I can use) for under $3500, but as SPL as possible for now..(will adjust for SQ later). I can use literally all the space behind passenger/driver seats in the front. Any advice people? Would be removing the duals, so looking for four to six 12's, and extra amps to power them... (Or even two 12's if it'd be louder...just keeping in mind the $3500ish budget, give or take $300).

Seth

Bronze Member
Username: Gpz1100

Post Number: 40
Does this car now have 2 alternators? Or you just replaced the stock (how many amps was that) with the HO 200 amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 66
Yeh Duals suck especially putting 6 of them in there.Wow what a mess.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
I agree...most dual's do suck.. :-) But if you havnt heard this specific model, please hold your comment to yourself. It actually sounds VERY good.. ;) I hit about 148dB.

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 395
just so you know...you should hit alot louder than 148 with 6 subs...why don't you just less better subs

Bronze Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 31
HEHE that one W7 hit 148.2.But that was when it was in a cheezy vented box that didn't last very long. a secret to our cars is the hatch.so puttin the subs in the back seat will almost completly defet the hatch and the gains you can get from it.. if my one sub can hit higher then that then you need to get some better stuff man. and you also gotta remember i have anouther W7 that i am thinking about adding to my car. but this time around it's gonna be a vented box...i am triing to hit 155ish. What you think about this setup......
2 W7 12's vented box at 36hz.
2 Zapco 1100.1 amps one on each sub?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 642
god damn that sh!t looks ghetto as hell inside...3 boxes just laying around lol...but nice car though..also Simon you do have to remember that you have like a $700 sub while all 6 of those subs probably cost him like $300-400 although personally i wouldve just gotten one good sub

Bronze Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 33
nope bought it for 400.....from a local stereo shop...but he gives me discounts due to the fact i only really buy from him. i just wished he caried more then just JL and Zapco as i would have a better selection on door speakers from him. and my second W7 i bought from him for what it took to send it off and get the new one off warrenty cuz some one blew it and it wouldn't be covered under warrenty....so the guy just left it there and said toss it....i saw it and asked how much to send it off to get a new one and he said 250. and i said sold!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Heh...all six of those subs, in the bandpass boxes, and my amp, all cost less than one W7 in one of those loud boxes. I'm not sure about all of you who like to laugh, and/or point out what's better, but there is ALWAYS going to be something better. I'm not ashamed to say I'm not rich, I work for a living, and have bills. ;) If I could go dump $8,000 in a car audio system, I'm sure it'd be more impressive. heh heh.

Seth

Bronze Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 42
i don't know if you meant it the way i took it or not but i do work for a living......i am workin 24 hours or more at a time sometimes.....and i have one of the most dangerous jobs...i am in the military.....i fix the radar systems.....sometimes that can put me in places i don't wanna be....and i am in a deployment cycle to the desert meaning i could go to iraq. and that just makes my job that much worse working in 100+ temps with people out there that want to kill ya. (Climbs off the Podium) i am not here to start a war with anyone....but i only have 400ish a paycheck to pay bills with and save for stuff.....if i can do it i know other people can.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
I'm not sayin you dont work, Simon, and I'm not referring to your comments.. ;) Just everyone who always lists what's better, and how it 'should' sound, but also talk about somethin that costs $3000 more.. ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us