Please Help

Unregistered guest
I have a sony xplod radio but i can only plug in one rca and im using that plug-in for a 4 channel amp. My question is how can i use my other 2 channel amp for bass if i dont have anywhere to plug my rca.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8660
buy an electronic crossover processor, or get a decent head unit and sell that sony.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 293
Some amps have pre-outs on them, check yours. Or you could use an RCA splitter If getting a new HU (which you should do) is not on the table at the moment.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8697
"sony xplod radio but i can only plug in one rca:

he has one set of pre-outs.

" im using that plug-in for a 4 channel amp. My question is how can i use my other 2 channel amp for bass"

he wants to run 6 channels from one set of pre-outs.

he needs a Coustic XM-3 or an Audiocontrol 4XS.
not Y splitters.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 297
that would clearly be the better solution, glass. Splitters do work, probably not if he was going to try and split it 6 ways, however. Splitting the RCAs once will weaken the signal stregth but in my experience the difference isn't noticable. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong about that. Using amps that have pre-outs is also a valid option. Something just told me he wasn't going to opt for the more expensive, albeit better way to do it. my apologies.

Bronze Member
Username: Ghowards

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 15
how big of a mono amp would I need to power four of these subs, or would I need two amps?

Punch STAGE 2
4 ohm 12" Component Subwoofer
molded polypropylene woofer cone
60 oz magnet frequency response 20-200 Hz
power range 50-200 watts RMS
sensitivity 86 dB top-mount depth 6.1"
sealed box volume 0.85 cubic feet
ported box volume 1.25 cubic feet

thanks

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 298
what does that have to do with anything?...anyway, you need 800 watts to drive 4 P2s at their maximum RMS handling. However, the amount of power needed to drive a sub to its xmax depends on the enclosure. What were you planning on putting them in? Your wiring options are 1 ohm (wired in parallel) or 4 ohm (wired series/parallel). 1 ohm stable amps tend to be more expensive so you may want to start by looking for 800x1 RMS @4 ohm amps. But you'll probably only need 200 watts per sub if you plan on putting them in smaller sealed boxes.

Bronze Member

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 17
thanx steve. I posted twice because I wanted to make sure someone got it. Im sorry about that. I just really want to get my system up and going. I am very new and really excited bout getting into this. I think im gonna go with this refurbished kicker amp:
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1510188/vpcsid/1 216556/SFV/30046
you think that would be an ok choice for a first system at least?

Bronze Member

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 18
ya I am putting all four in a sealed box. are there any advantages by going 800x1 at 1ohm instead of at 4ohm?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us