HELLLLPPP!!!!!!

Username: Addisty

UK

Post Number: 7
I've got 300rms(bridge)amp running 500rms sub and 260rms(bridge)amp running 300rms sub They both hooked onto 1farad power cap, the voltage drops below 12v when the bass kicks in.I'm thinking of getting a HO alternator but i don't know if i should buy another cap with hiFarad. can anyone help me pls

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 575
Get the HO alt. If the stock alt can't keep up to start out with a cap isn't going to help at all. Caps don't make up for voltage drops.

Bronze Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 12
buy the alternator.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8621
stop posting subjects in all caps
put something that tells us the problem or topic IN the topic. not just "help!"
I usually don't even bother opening these threads.

you need an alternator.
capacitors do nothing for voltage issues. that's a gimmick.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3714
You don't need another cap. What you really need is HO alternator. No way around it.
If you prolong the purchase, your battery/alternator will die.

UK

Post Number: 8
Thanks everyone, sorry for being a pain Glass but 1 more thing,i have 1997 honda accord 2.0li does anyone knows where i can get an HO alt and what voltage,do i have to leave the two amps still on the 1 farad cap after buying the HO alt or buy a hi farad cap. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 27
with a HO alt you won't even need the cap.....you can leave it there for looks or just to be lazy.....if you leave it will filter a little of the ac out of the line. go to excessiveamperage.com and talk to nathen.....he will get you the details on what the costs will be.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8661
lots of 200A honda alternators on ebay
if you want a good one built for you, go to www.excessiveamperage.com
it should put out 14.4 volts, and at least 150A output

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 91
Seth... go to excessiveamperage.com and get one from there, it's great... I got one few weeks ago (180Amp Honda CRX) from Nathan.. he is a good man to deal with. Ask him to cut the heavy gauge for your new HO alternator also, or you can do the Big3 yourself.

UK

Post Number: 9
Thanks to you guys, i'm gonna get one.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8693
come back once it's in and tell us about the difference it makes.

I've had people come back like a kid at Christmas after getting a new alternator.. saying how they had no idea what was missing before.. it can be a significant and audible improvement.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 28
yeah i have heard the diff.....i just wish i had some extra cash to get one myself.....should be able to in the coming months.....till then i hope my yellow top will hold!

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 93
this for Glass and Issac, I plan to add the 2nd battery (optima yellow) for the audio in the trunk, I also need a battery isolator, but will it install at the starter battery or in the trunk with my 2nd battery ?? can I reuse my current existing 4gauge wire to connect the starter batt and audio batt or I need to change to 0/1 gauge ??

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8700
power cable gauge depends on two things.
distance and current being handled by the wire.

the isolator location and installation depends on the type of isolator you choose. googling for battery isolators should show several diagrams of how they install.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us