Alpine MRD-M301 amplifier problem

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I was driving yesterday in some HOT weather and out of nowhere my 2 subs kick off. My Alpine digital amp reads "CURR". If i disconnect the speakers from the amp, the screen displays normal information (volts/temps/etc. etc.) I replaced my 2 fuses and tightened all my wires, but to no avail. Anyone have any idea?

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 37
check for short in sub wiring.

did you need to replace the fuses? were they blown?

Vinny
Unregistered guest
The fuses appeared to be fine, but I was checking everything so I changed them.

The second I go to put the wires into the amp is when the "CURR" shows up. Even if there not hooked up to the subs. This is just very very weird to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 55
What subs are on them and how are they wired.Normally when the V12'a do that there is a wrong load or wiring done.

Vinny
Unregistered guest
2 Alpine Type E's.

The positive and negative wires go to one sub. Then coming from that sub is the wires to the next.

Maybe I should try just wiring one sub straight up and see what happens.

But everything was working fine since its been installed, about 2 months ago.

ImChris
Unregistered guest
My alpine MRD-M605 did that. I would be driving and the subs would stop hitting. Look in your user manual and it will tell you that it means your amp is drawing excessive current. I never did find out what the cause of the draw was though.

ImChris
Unregistered guest
And to drummer. My V12 did that and nothing was wired wrong. Its sort of hard to do that with a mono amp. It's stable down to 2 ohms, I wired the subwoofer i had attached to it, an alpine type R Dual 4 ohm model, wired down to 2 ohms, and the positive to the postive and the negative to the negative. So even with everything wired correctly, it still did it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us