I need help!! anyone out there ?

Username: Diablo14

Post Number: 2
I just bought a volfenhag zx-8300 amp. and it doesn't come with mounting instructions. Can anyone help me? I have no idea what to do .

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 562
Usually amps have holes put there so you can mount it with screws. Then drill man, drill!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8613
the instructions read:

take car and amplifier to a professional car audio shop.
pay installer to mount and wire amplifier.
pay for work.
go drive car and enjoy.

Username: Fiesta_racer

Post Number: 1
hey i probaly sound like a simpleton but on the back of my head unit i only have on set of the red and white inputs can i wire two amps to my head unit or not please help me

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 36
yah, get some rca splitters.

Username: Diablo14

Post Number: 3
FUnny guys!! I've installed amps before! I know about drills! I have 3. And I know about taking it into the pros.Believeme I would pay to have someone install it. ....My problems are 1. I am in Mexico and I am the closest there is to a pro!!!:-(
2.- Normally there are holes but this am pdoesn't hace any!!! So I'm ready to screw as indicated above but I just throught to check first ... so i could do a pofesional job!!

Thanks for the help!!

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 570
Well, I guess that's what you get for buying a Volfenhag amp! It's missing the most basic feature of amp amp: a way to mount it. I have heard of people using industrial grade velcro, though I have never done that. If there is no mounting holes, I would say that would be a bad idea to try. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 89
listen to Glass... if you don't know how to mount an amp.... just bring it to a professional, 'cause there is more complicate to wire and hook it up properly.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8626
if the amp has no mounting holes in the heat sink lip, you'll need to use or fabricate clips to hold down the amp.

andrew, buy an electronic crossover like a Coustic XM-3

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8627
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2553.html
that amp?

looking at that amp I'd say the mounting holes are under those corner tabs, covered with a plastic shroud.
ever try RTFM?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3716
GlassWolf that was some funny instruction.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us