Need 4 channel amp recommendation

Username: Dave9382

Post Number: 1
Just got a new Pontiac Vibe and am replacing factory speakers.
Have finally settled on Polk db series (I think).
Am going with the Polk db6500 component 6 1/2s for the front (10-100W RMS) and the Polk db650 6 1/2s full ranges for the back (6-60W RMS). I am having trouble deciding on the amp. I only really want to spend 100-200bucks and am looking for a 4 channel that can do between 60 and 100 RMS X 4. This is basically putting me in the bargain amp categories with brands I am unfamiliar with. Crutchfield and onlinecarstereo.com have several brands in this range... Profile, Crunch, some Boss, Lanzar. Anyone got a recommendation of which amp in this price range would be a decent purchace for the money and would be most likely to sound good and last... Anyone tried any of these brands? The Profile AP1040 at crutchfield.com doesnt look too bad but also wondering about the Crunch BlackMaxx BMX604 at onlinecarstereo.com as well. Any input is appreciated, Thanks, David

Username: Jron

Post Number: 7
get a good used four channel amp. JBL, Alpine, Rockford etc, try e-bay you may be able to find a new one like the ones listed above for your price range.

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 49
Its nice to read & get info off Crutchfields site BUT don't buy anything from them as they are WAY WAY overpriced , use google.com by simply typing in a brand/model no.

Those other brands u mentioned are considered crap by other experienced people on this forum .

I myself am looking for a 4 channel amp exactly like what u need & i recently found Kicker 350.4 = $187 (90wrms x 4)- best deal i found so far but am still searching . Other high name brands similiar model are much more $.

Would advised u to start looking at each companie's (brand name that is) own site & then go from there .

Look at www.discountjungle.com - about 90% of their items are the lowests prices on the net .......

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 87
David, that's is a tigh budget for your new amp. Don't buy any that you're mention (Profile, Crunch, Boss, Lanzar..) they're all not a good amp. And you'll regret later. Go to Ebay and find a used one with a good name. Or just add a few more bucks on your budget get A/D/S, Precision PPI Art serie. Good luck

Post Number: 2
what about
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5791150194&category=79824 %26

a Phoenix Gold

Post Number: 4
also i found the same polk speakers id be paying about 250 for at crutchfield on ebay for like a total of prob 150-175 (+30-40 for shipping) so around 200. However crutchfield provides what they claim as 54 dollars worth of speaker brackets and harnesses. They also come with detailed installation instructions( Id be a first time installer so Id be using their master sheets)... It seems like to me for the first time installer it would be just as easy for me to get from crutchfield the stuff I need (maybe pay 20 or 30 bucks more) and have a more reputable company backing me up with a warranty and helping with install... It seems like the real bargains on ebay come in the amp category where Im finding many a good name brand multichannel amp (PG, Infinity, JL, Alpine) for the price range im looking for between 100 and 200... whereas id be paying 300-600 at crutchfield or 200-400 at onlinecarstereo.com I probably will be installing the head unit and 4 speakers myself and leaving the amp installation up to one of my brothers friend who will probably do it for me for like 50 bucks. (Ill also probably get wiring kits off ebay or onlinecarstereo.com since circuit city/crutchfield etc. ridiculously overcharge)

What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 369
if you haven't bought speakers yet...go with the JL Audio e4300...puts out 75-90 watts RMS X 4 (depends on voltage)...and get 2 ohm speakers like the infinity 60.7cs and/or 2 ways...the infinity's will sound better than the polks ne way...read it somewhere in a review.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 370
the amp goes for $210 new on ebay...its power rating is great for 2 ohm speakers.

Username: Jron

Post Number: 10
sounds like you have your work cut out for you man. the speakers and hu should not be difficult, just make sure your friend knows what he's doing with the amp installation, or take the professional route.

Raman
Unregistered guest
How much you are paying for polks?

If you are buying it from local store, you are going to pay more.

my suggestion:
Keep the rear stock speakers, put some comps in the front , get a 4-channal amp , bridge rear channals for sub if you want to have one.

I have this setup , now sound system in my car sounds damn good.

Post Number: 5
paying 200 bucks for the polk components and it would be 100 for the polk full ranges... however polk is currently offering buy one pair of polk db series get second 1/2 off so it comes to 250

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 56
I would get a MRV-F345.Nice sound and always clear hitting mids and highs.

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 50
I posted WRONG site earlier today , my bad ...

Its really www.discountsjungle.com

or www.discountjungle.net ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us