Are there any...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 250
decent, cheap amps that don't put out alot of power and only require 10-20 amps from the alternator? Reason I am asking is I have an Alpine MRP-350 using about 40 amps right now off of my 80 amp alternator... I really don't want to get rid of it unless someone offers me a killer trade for it. I will give it for like a 600-800wrms amps that draws less than 60 amps and I will throw in a little cash. Would that be a possiblity? I wanna run a little more power to each of my subs, but more than likely I am gonna just keep it and get new subs.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 593
Chris: to figure out how many amps it's going to draw, you divide the watts it puts out, by the voltage...

Example:
1,000 watt amp: 1000/12 == 89.3~

You can't change that, it's pure math. You can only get about 250 watts from 20 amps...

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 635
dont worry about it the amp will almost never be drawing in all that energy unless your blasting it constantly...i have 700-940rms going in my car(depending on the voltage) and my car is doing fine...well at least i think

Silver Member

Post Number: 599
Give it a try, if your voltage isn't below 12, you're "all right".

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3326
Even if your voltage isn't below 12, you can still have problems. Almost all car batteries put out 12.5 volts. If when your car is running, you set a DMM at 20 volts dc, touch the probes to the pos. and neg. leads on the battery, and it measures 12.5 volts or less, then your in trouble. The battery must recieve more than 12.5 volts to charge, if not then your only maintaining, or slowly draining your battery.

Silver Member

Post Number: 600
Well, I said "alright" as a sort of, uneducated way of telling...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us