Speakers not getting the signal?

Username: Finchrox87

Post Number: 1
I installed an amp and wiring that was given to me. I installed everything right and the amp gets power and everything but either the preouts are not working on my head unit or the amp is not sending the signal. I could not find anything in the menu of my Pioneer head unit that turns preouts off. Any suggestions anybody? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 238
Check the RCA Cables, and was the products working when they were given to you? Also, does the amp have a led diagnostic light on it? What color is it? Does the amp get hot? I doubt it is the HU.

Anonymous

If you have a pioneer with a sub-out try turning the sub on with the AUDIO button. I have a pioneer too.

Username: Finchrox87

Post Number: 2
I just tested the head units preouts and it is definitely not the one not working. The amp is a piece of crap Optimus from Radioshack, it has a green LED light to inform you that it is on, and if the protection thing needs to come on (which it doesn't) it is a red LED. It turns on but doesn't send the signal. RCA cable works good too, so I guess I'll be getting a new amp when I get the $. I guess thats what I get for taking a free one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us