127.2 db

JonK
Unregistered guest
Well, I finally got my system metered. It metered at 127.2 db. Sound reasonable? Again, I've got a Sony HU (52x4 watts) running 2 Legacy 1.5 inch 300 watt max speakers and 2 Kenwood 600 watt max 6x9's. And one 1230w 1200 watt max 300 wrms infinity sub being run by one "supposed" 2000 watt max 4 channel Mitzu amp (from Mexico) with 2 channels bridged to the sub.

JonK
Unregistered guest
I forgot to mention that my sub is in a prefab 1.5 cubic inch sealed box and my 6x9's are in home made 1.25 cubic inch sealed boxes...the small speakers are just replacments for the old stock speakers, and I barely have them turned up at all.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8497
sounds reasonable, but use RMS ratings please.. not peak or max for amps and speakers.

1.5" speakers? tweeters I hope?

JonK
Unregistered guest
Sorry, I meant to say 3.5 inch speakers not 1.5 inch speakers, and unfortunately I don't know most of the rms ratings or where to find them.

JonK
Unregistered guest
Man, I just noticed a bunch of errors in my second post...My sub is in a 1.5 cubic FOOT box and my 6x9's are in a 1.25 cubic FOOT box...sorry...by the way, where in Michigan are u from GlassWolf? (I'm in Michigan too.)

Hispanicdude
Unregistered guest
Were u using a mexican meter too? lol

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8580
left side of the state, couple hours from grand rapids

JonK
Unregistered guest
I'm on the lower right side near Toledo, Ohio

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3281
Lower right, hmm, what city? I'm up in the thumb. Hick-ville.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 738
127 aint bad for 1 sub i think

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3284
It totally depends on the sub though, and the install. People can hit nearly 150 with one sub as well, so I'd say 127 is pretty average.

JonK
Unregistered guest
I live in a city called Ottawa Lake (I doubt that you've heard of it, it can barely be called a city). It's about 25-30 minutes away from Adrian and about 30-45 from Ann Arbor.

JonK
Unregistered guest
I live in a city called Ottawa Lake (I doubt that you've heard of it, it can barely be called a city). It's about 25-30 minutes away from Adrian and about 30-45 from Ann Arbor.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8596
well if he's not aiming at SPL, that's a fine score. 127 is audibly "loud"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us