Eclipse DA7122 mono amp any good ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1703
I was looking at this to power a 15 Eclipse TI. This does 1000 x 1 @ 2 ohm and it costs $449.99 at electronicgiant.com and alot more everywhere else. Is this worth looking at for that sub ? Never really heard anything about eclipse amps.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3657
They're good amps. Not that I would pay that much for it. You know how I feel about Alpine and Eclipse amps. Overrated. Why don't you buy Subfanatic's JL 1000/1 for $500? It's a better amp and build.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1706
Well i dont really know if i can trust subfanatic and making a deal with him. I hear he didnt pay somone on here or somthing. Anyways the Eclipse Amp is brand new and puts out 1000 rms x 1 @ 2 ohm and its brand new right here http://www.electronicgiant.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_158_119&product s_id=1154&osCsid=b5ecc7eb9ab4599720b0086f075a366d

Its suppose to be built for the Ti 15 and a perfect match.

Any other amps you suggets Isaac ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3659
MO, try these 5791737162,5791237777, 5790619267 ,5792081587, 5792118674.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1711
Thanks Isaac, the XTR looks interesting among all of them. But it puts out 2400 x 1 @ 2 ohm / that is more then i need with that one.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1713
by the way isaac, whould you happen to know with the Eclipse Amp if the 1000 watts rms is at 12-12.5 volts or higher ?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1717
isaac, what do you think about the ED NINE.1 amplifier ?

http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=4&pid=6&cur=USD

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1718
Ok so ive narrowed it down to the following amps for the Ti 15. Im trying to stay under $500 total for the amp.

Eclipse DA7122 - 1000 x 1 @ 2 ohm - $449 plus shipping

ED NINE.1 - 900 x 1 @ 2 ohm - $350 free shipping

JL e1800 - 800 x 1 @ 2 ohm - $389.99 plus shipping

Bronze Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 27
isaac the eclipse amp is overated? I just bought a 4 channel eclipse for my highs the pa5422 and a dag on eclipse ehad unit

what makes this thing overated

Gold Member

Post Number: 3661
When I say overrated, it doesn't mean it's a bad product. If it were, I'd straight out tell you.
An item becomes overrated if the manufacturer charges high price for a product that is average-good. Alpine's and Eclipse's amps fall in that category. They make it sound like their amps are top of the line (cashing in on their name) and charge like it. You can find better products for less money. I'd sure like to know what is in their product besides the name, that warrants high price. Zapco/JL/US Amps/Xtant all offer some unique features, but those 2? Just a good amp with nothing special.
MO, I'd pick Orion over those 3. It may be a powerful amp, but you won't be getting 2400w rms as soon as the power's on. So if you have self control, then that is better for your money.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1727
ISnt that overkill for the TI 15 isaac ? The orion xtr is a big amp that is probably heavy also compared to other amps. Im sure it is a killer amp but how efficiant is this amp and how many Fuse is it and so on.... The only one i like is the XTR 2400 but i dont wanna void warranty or anyting else by blowing the sub with an amp that can handle 2 ti 15's...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3682
MO, it's only an overkill if you max the volume. Besides, where are you going to get an amp like that for the price?
If I were you, I'd get it and turn the volume down. You'll get the power you need without overworking the amp.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1731
Thansk isaac, but ill pass. That amp is way to big and i rather get a sub amp that is new and under warranty and eclipse is a good name and ive heard good things about it matching the Ti.
Its also smaller then half the xtr.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3688
How can you turn down more power? What are you a woman? Just kidding.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I got the amp cuz i reserached the board and caught glass wolf saying the eclipse is a good amp
I was going for clarity the amp aint all that powerful for the money but i was going for alpine because my brother amp gets preety loud and clear for 50 x 4 so I went to audio express
they sell Rockfords Fosgate, and Alpine Products
Know for Alpine. Well The guy was telling me The Eclipse Head Unit is good and clean as Alpines But it Breaks, as he use to sell them.
then he says the Eclipse amps are extremly clean
So I wnet ahead and got it because I heard it here and from a sales mans mouth that dont sell it. Iv Shopped 3 Alpine shops because Im impressed with there highs and all of them say Eclipse HU break whatsup with that? My brother also said Eclipse was battling Pyramid for the Crapiest a Long WHile ago.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1733
You have this Eclipse DA7122 amplifier that im trying to buy ?

Eclipse HU's and Subwoofers are amoung the best you can buy. I dont have any experience with Eclipse Products but i have a Eclipse CD8454 HU ready to get installed and am deciding on the Eclipse 15 Ti subwoofer and matching DA7122 mono amp for it. I have only heard positive things about eclipse.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1735
Maybe GlassWolf knows more about this since hes installed all these products. Glass whats up with Eclipse ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
No pa5422 and I let the damn guy talk me into a 8445. The 8454 was way to much dag on money,
but the guy at Car Toyz made me a deal on the 8445 and was sure that it was the best hu they have for daily driver, damn this is getting expensive. 900 bucks.
I still need coponets Ill make a post on speaker board tomar
im not gonna use 6x9 im just gonna use coponets because itll give me 125 watts rms that way

mo your peoples at tri state audoio have 3 of the amps you want

i was gone get 2 but im rolling with the 2500d .orion

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1736
Lil Jon i bought my Eclipse cd8454 from tri state audio for $499 plus shipping. They are a eclipse dealer in new jersey. They also are selling that amplifier for $499 plus shipping but i have a better deal at www.electronicgiant.com for $439 plus shipping and you cant beat that anywhere for a new eclipse DA7122

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1749
Maybe GlassWolf knows more about this since hes installed all these products. Glass whats up with Eclipse ?

IN particular DA7122 mono amp for the Ti

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 557
:D

Silver Member

Post Number: 559
MO: I asked this vary question on www.the12volt.com and look at the response I got:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=59106&PN=1&TPN=1

That's for the 7232, but it's just two 7122's in one casing. It's actually TWO mono amps in one. You can't bridge it, etc.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1751
Thanks for fresh info.. Im ordering it now

Cant wait to hear this out.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1763
Ok, i ordered it yesterday from electronicgiant.com

Products
1 x Eclipse DA7122 () = $449.00
1 x Eclipse SW9152 () = $355.00

World Zone Rates (Shipping to United States: 64.9 lb(s)): $65.00
Sub-Total: $804.00
Total: $869.00

http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/da7122.html

I cant wait to get it.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1764
Ok, i ordered it today from electronicgiant.com

Products
1 x Eclipse DA7122 () = $449.00
1 x Eclipse SW9152 () = $355.00

World Zone Rates (Shipping to United States: 64.9 lb(s)): $65.00
Sub-Total: $804.00
Total: $869.00

http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/da7122.html

I cant wait to get it.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1776
Got the DA7122 Today ! and i made my order yesterday. Fastest shipping ive ever had for audio. Still expecting the 15 Ti to come in

Silver Member

Post Number: 577
Cool. I hope you can get it all setup and the box built so you can enjoy it! I'm sure you'll love it!

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1781
Hey jake, it turns out that electronicgiant.com has the 15 Ti on backorder and that is why they didnt ship it yet. The owner emailed me and said it was on backorder and he was like how about a 12" Ti instead. I dont know if i wanna go down to a 12" now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 578
Go for it. Talk him down though. Start at $225 or so. He should go pretty low, since you bought the amp from him, and his costs are around the 200$ area. Tell him since it's backordered, you should get it at a discount. I'm sure he'll go pretty low. Get two, and send me one :D. I'll pay 'ya!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Mo do the eclipse sub amp work better with an eclipse hu like i had in my mind taht a 4 ch eclipse amp should b put in for the hu

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1807
Yeah it will be a very nice match up with the HU. Any amp will work fine with your HU really as long as you have the installationn right but the Eclipse Amp will compliment the system better and will sound very nice. They make outstanding products.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1808
Jake i told him that I will wait 10 days for it and didnt bother saying anything else. I will email him again tommorow just to see what he says.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Eclipse Amp will compliment the system better
that what i was trynna ask you
thanks i seen Isaac tell some 1 with an eclipse hu to get the 250orion i was wondering wouldnt the eclipse amp go better with it

Silver Member

Post Number: 579
It doesn't really matter. I'm thinking of going completely Eclipse on my next install. Not sure, this Zapco C2K9.0 is shweet... And I'd get an Eclipse HU, they're second best next to Alpine F1.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3735
Jake, C2K 9 is a very nice amp. If you can, get that over any Alpine/Eclipse amps.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1810
I whould have to say that Eclipse Amps and Alpine amps arent in the same category. From all the info ive gathered from numerous forums and people is that Eclipse Amps are highly recommended. I whould put Alpine with MTX/Kicker/Audiobahn and mainly circuit city stuff. I whould put Eclipse with JL audio/Xtant/Zapco Referance etc..

I will let you know personally how it compares once i get it installed with my 15 Ti. I will make a post on it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 581
Isaac: I have the C2K 9.0 coming. It "should" be here tommorrow, but I don't know when I'll be able to go get it from the shop, it's 3 hour drive, round trip.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
how much you paid for it jake

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1822
more importantly where did you buy it ?

Warranty reasons and seriel #'s and so on

Silver Member

Post Number: 594
I paid $1,900. Gonna try to get it tommorrow. Got it from a local dealer. If you want it off the web, www.zapco.com has 'em for sale.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us