How do I get power to (two) seperate amps?

ATPRO
Unregistered guest
I have no problem with knowing where my signal wires go. I have one four channel amp and one single channel amp. I have the four channel going to to my speakers. Now i would like to use the single channel amp to a sub. Will i need to run two power wire, ground and remote wires to accomidate both amps; or is there a way to connect the two more simply? If anyone can assist me thank you!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8381
you run one power cable from battery to amplifiers, that's large enough to carry the current for both amps.
then at the amplifiers, you use a fused power distribution block to split from one large cable to two or three smaller ones (say 4ga to 8ga for example) and run one cable to each amplifier.
ground the amplifiers to sanded bare metal close to the amps.
the trigger line can be split or spliced for up to 3 trigger inputs.
after that you'll want to use a relay to take the trigger line from the radio and boost the current for more devices, just to be safe.

www.knukonceptz.com and www.partsexpress.com and www.sounddomain.com all have the stuff you need, fairly cheap.

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 14
If your power cable from the battery is large enough for you to supply both amps all you'll need is a power distribution block (DB). Put that on the end of your power cable from battery and run from it to each amp. then you can run separate grounds or get another DB for them. I'd probably look for a fused DB for power and non-fused for ground.
Check out http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-aJBNoNeXoU5/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_wi ring.html for a pic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us