Believe it or not, couldn't find the answer

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
i figured save you guys the hassle and look it up on the internet, but i couldn't find the answer. with the amp wiring, i get almost all of it but i can't figure out how to get it to the trunk, i kno you have to put it through the firewall but when your in the little hole, how do you find out where your wire is, haha, then do you put it under the carpet, or the paneling near the door, and how do you get those up?

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
i found websites that told me step by step how to wire the amp, but when it got to the getting it to the trunk(which im sure is VERY easy) all they said was"pull the carpet up and run it to the trunk" no further information, if you just gave me a good website that does explain the thoro step by step install i would greatly appreciate it

thanks again

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3644
OK the best thing to do unless you have a snake it take a metal hangar and unravvle it. not take the power wire and elec tape it to the wire. stick it through the fire wall and have a buddy grab it and direct you throught till you can grab it. next running it under the rocker panel is fine but be sure not to screw down through the power wire when you put it back on. hte best thing to do is remove your rocker panels which is usually a few screws and run it under the carpet power wire down one side and rca's down the other side to avoid interference.(engine noise) then wire it back under the rear seat under the carpet and poke a small hole in your carpet and run it back through that so it will be nice and clean.

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
k my panels don't have screws tho, just take somthin to pop it out?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8418
to see how to disassemble your car, get a haynes or chiltons manual for it.. or better yet, the OEM service manual.
that tells and shows everything step by step
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us